• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, it appears that your seat is moved back from others I've seen - you don't have the same "step" between pillion and front. Hoping mine will arrive the same way as I asked to be up and away from the tank.
Barry,

I think that is a difference between seat generations. The 2nd gens are the ones I see with the higher step at the rear of the drivers seat. Our groovy 1st gens don't have it, so yours should look like mine. I also specifically asked that they scoop out some foam to make me a pocket further away from the tank. Being a tall guy, I wanted that. Hopefully they do that with yours too since you are at least as tall as I am (6'2").

To be honest, I like the looks of my 1st gen Russell better, but I just may be biased... ;)

[edit] I just noticed Demetri's has the step and he claims to have an '05. Hmmmm...

Maybe it depends if you are short guy, or else maybe it depends if you opt for a drivers backrest? I guess I dunno. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
My seat was waiting on the step when I got home from the office today... Cool. And cold! Didn't have time this evening for pics, but it looks terrific and I'm looking forward to riding. I bought the box pattern instead of the arc, but I really like the look. It also has the "step" but still looks and fits well.

Given that the seat was as cold as it was, couldn't help but think that the cushioning was relatively stiff, but I know it takes some breaking in.

Howard, sincere thanks again for launching the group buy. Looking forward to far more "day long" rides this year.

Barry,

You'll find that, even when it warms up, the cushioning IS stiffer than the stock seat. Not as brick hard as the Corbin's, but definitely firmer than the squishy stock POS. What makes it so comfy is how it cradles your entire butt, spreading the load out so no single area takes a lot of the pressure. You'll also find that the "wings" under your upper thighs take some getting used to. But once you do you'll wonder how you ever got by without them.

Looking forward to another Whites & Greens and trying it all out this summer, Fred, and hopefully some other more comfortable adventures on the new seat!

My seat arrived at Russel a week ago, still no word.

I'm glad I sent it FED EX so I could track it and know it arrived.

the bike is sitting in the driveway covered up.

But every time I look at it even with it covered I see it seatless. :( :( :(

Is that weird?

Here's a couple of shots of my new Russell. I took a short ride on it Sunday (22 degrees but still better than watching the Patriots get their asses kicked). I had knee surgery yesterday so it's going to be a little while before I try it again. Your right Fred, the wings will take a little getting used to.

104_1491-1.jpg

104_1492.jpg

Got a call from RCP this morning for payment. She said that my seats may be shipped out today so I'm guessing that if not they will be shipped out tomorrow (should have asked that question). They have been a little slower than I expected but with these group buys going I'm guessing they are pretty busy.

Considering the outstanding discount I'm willing to wait. That being said, I'm really anxious to get my seat back.

I got a call today from Russell wanting payment information so they could ship my seat.

Should arrive Monday. YEAH!

Everybody I know has invited me to ride after I shipped my seat. Now it is suppose to rain

all next week. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I got a call today from Russell wanting payment information so they could ship my seat.Should arrive Monday. YEAH!

Everybody I know has invited me to ride after I shipped my seat. Now it is suppose to rain

all next week. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
Well at least you'll have the opportunity to ride soon. I'll just get to look at my new seat (which arrived Monday) for a couple of months. Snow, ice, sand and salt all over the roads now. But the seat looks great and feels good sitting on it in the garage making Vrooom Vroom!!! noises.

Got mine Tuesday. Click thumbnails for larger view.

Current condition of Pepperell's driveway...

400+ feet. Ugh. Lotso salt & salt water puddles on the street. I guess I'm a pussy.

But the seat looks great and feels good sitting on it in the garage making Vrooom Vroom!!! noises.

By the time the weather breaks you'll have the seat broken in and never have put one mile on it. :lol: :lol:

Mr. Fed EX Delivery Man pulled up in front of my house Saturday afternoon about 4 PM, in his possession was a big brown box.

The return address said "Russell Motorcycle Products". NO this can't be! But YYYYEASSSS! It's my seat! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I open the box and gently caress each sensual curve, longingly gaze on the fine craftsmanship, linger on the sweet smell of new vinyl. I ever so gently place the seat on the bike, and ease my bottom onto the new seat Russell created just for me. I feel it caress the cures of my bottom and support in just the right places.

And Then? :dribble:

Crap! I have to go back and finish installing the new Dishwasher. :angry2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I open the box and gently caress each sensual curve, longingly gaze on the fine craftsmanship, linger on the sweet smell of new vinyl. I ever so gently place the seat on the bike, and ease my bottom onto the new seat Russell created just for me. I feel it caress the cures of my bottom and support in just the right places.
Yikes!! :blink:

I guess it's a good thing you didn't get the leather... Would have been sensory overload! :p

Got my RCP saddle today. It looks beautiful. I can't wait until I can try it out. I'm thinking tomorrow.

Only one problem, no discount was applied. I'll be calling them tomorrow to fix that 'little' issue.

update: Issue fixed. Great customer service.

Thanks Howard. Got mine friday, now if the snow and salt will go away I won.t have to sit on it the garage and go vroom vroom. Can't seem to get the bride interested in trying it out in the garage. :yahoo: :yahoo:

As a side note, those of you coming to WFO who are thinking about a Russell seat I would make an appointment for a ride in sooner rather than later.....

R

Why can`t they have a group buy after income tax season , as the end of the year is tough to come up with some money (holidays)