SA Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Bandit

Reaction score
I'll be in SA next week for work. Anyone interested in meeting Wensday night at Specht (SP?)?

FJR Bandit

Not sure where it is....and what time you looking at? I think it's on the NW side, am I right? I get out of here about 5:00 - 5:30, dont care to hang around much later than that.

McRuss,

I'm told that it is about 9 or 10 miles past 1604 on Blanco Rd. You will have to make a right on Specht (sp) road and go another 2 miles.

I will be meeting my cousin around 6PM in the Valley Hi area and riding out...hopeing to get there around 7PM. We can meet up with you someplace along the way.

Anyone else heading that way????

FJR Bandit

Aw Geez,

here it is 'next wednesday' already and I cant make the meet! I have to service my K1200 for a ride this weekend and need to get home after work. I forgot about this meet, sorry! The FJR, by the way, is 'up on blocks' until I can get a chance to lube the swingarm/rear suspension components.

Russ

Sorry I missed this post or I would have met you up there last week.

Specht's Info

122 W. Specht Road

San Antonio, TX 78260-1205

Phone:(830)980-7121

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Specht’s Store restaurant was established in 1898 and host

one of the premeir bike gatherings every Wednesday, just north of San Antonio.

From Loop 1604, ride north on Blanco Rd for about 7- 8 miles,

turn right onto Specht Road and follow it for about 1 mile.

It was all started in 1996 by Jason Trott, owner of The Motorcycle Shop in San Antonio.

The Specht’s Store Bike Night is now one of the most consistent turnout events around SA.

Motorcycle riders start arriving and parking along the road around 5:30.

Soon, over a hundred motorcycles, of every brand and style, populate the vicinity of the restaurant.

From Ducati's to Sport bikes, just about every kind of BMW's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's,

Honda's and even some Harley's and Buell's, frequent the place.

Bikes just keep arriving for hours and doesn't stop until way after dark.

On occassion, your treated to some stunt riding, power and noise exibitions by locals.

Bandit and I and a female friend,DJ on her Sportster, had a good time. The whole restaraunt broke into applause when the jet with the nosegear trouble landed safe. I would make one suggestion however. Traffic is Baaaaad at 1604 during this time of day..earlier is better. Also watch who you ride with or around...squid kids do wheelies all the way there...I kept my distance. But most folks are very nice and the plethora of bikes is staggering ! Thanks for the invite Bandit...lets do it again ! Happy Trails All !!!

Bobby

Yes. It was a good time. I was happy to see someone I knew. I was impressed by the miles that DJ had on her HD. Not sure when, but I'm up for another meet.

FJR Bandit