Sad News About Big Sky

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting Mr. flying dinosaur.

Those searchers looked long and hard for Cole...I see that the family is directing any donations to them in lieu of flowers.

Just ran across this tragic and horrific thread. Tyler's simple, yet powerful expression of her feelings at this horrible news is exactly the way I feel as well. Like so many here I never met BigSky in person but always enjoyed reading his ride reports and hearing his insights on many topics, especially where riding was concerned. He certainly exuded the passion of adventure that so many of us here have that creates that instant kinship among us. I had hoped to one day make it a point to meet him the next time I was in BigSky country. After reading Wheetie's post of his exchange with Cole I realized what a generous and special person he really was. That's the exactly the type of person I try to be with my fellow FJR brethren, mi casa es su casa y mi FJR es su FJR y tu.

And last but certainly not least, I want to express my sympathies and condolences to BigSky's family and friends. I truly feel like I have lost a brother I never met. Damnit!!!!!!

Man, there is so much to say, and I just don't know where to start. "What a loss," is what really comes to mind. His obituary confirmed that thought.

Some things are just beyond sad, and I believe this is one of them.

While I've never met anyone in person on this Forum, some of the members do feel a bit like family. I've had the misfortune to attend three funerals in the last few weeks, all family (blood or by marriage). Never a pleasant experience.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard the news this week as we returned to Montana for the summer. I got an e-mail from his spouse Marilyn as she had got to his e-mail found my name and remembered that we had all ridden together a couple if times over the last 2 summers. I was shocked and sad and mad and frustrated and now just sad again. After reading every page of his book "Motorcycling Montana" I reached out to him to tell him how helpful and great it was and he immediately invited me for a ride that summer. Thats the kind of guy he was. We did an over nighter up through the Yaak valley and down Lake Koocanusa with Marilyn and his brother and two other friends. He was a wonderful man, a fine author/writer and one hell of a rider! He could toss that Gen2 FJR around with her on back like he was riding a Ninja 600. I could barely keep up. A very,very good and safe rider. His love for the FJR is what got me on mine 3 years ago. His love for his family and the wonderful state of Montana was also evident. I hope/pray he is in the only place that could be better than Montana.... Straight up to Heaven..

Terrible news, my heart and thoughts out to BigSkys family.

I never met him in person but always liked his contributions here on the Forum. I know he will be truly missed here and a wide. :(

RIP Big Sky

I think there a few other forum members attending.
I'll be there in spirit.
angel.gif
+1

In the November issue of American Motorcyclist there is a very nice member letter about Cole Boecler. It is under Member Letters - Road Angels by Suzanne Shafer.

This was Cole to a tee, "Every word in that paper [Northern Rockies Rider] seemed golden to me, and I emailed Cole to say so. To my delight, he responded."

RIP my friend.

Rode my "Cardwell Loop" ride last weekend, then thru Butte and on to Missoula for drinks with bunch of Irish friends (new and old).

Thought about Cole during the cold ride. I actually jumped on the Interstate in Cardwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.