Sad News About Our Forum Founder, Slapnpop

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
My heart is heavy as a mutual friend informed me that our forum founder, Travis Chambers, passed away Thanksgiving Day.

Sorry, but I don't have additional details at this point.  I thought important to share with this forum as soon as I heard though.  We all appreciate using his area is intended as a way to be respectful of the memory of our departed FJR riding friends....and if you learn of any other details appropriate for the forum...feel free to share.  Or send me a PM.  These threads have always been the hardest here.

I'll share a couple of thoughts and memories myself:

The forum was started in 2005 by Travis. Warchild was an admin early on and supported him to make this place what it is for the past 15 years. The two of them added me and Skooterg shortly after as admins.  And he stayed active for a number of years before handing the forum off to continue.

Being a Tennessee guy, I got to meet him in person in 2007 when he asked me some questions about the Pacific Northwest.  And he rode, "the longest and most painful ride in my life on a stock seat" to WFO-6 in Park City, Utah.  He participated in the event and continued riding to Washington State, interviewed for a job in The Vancouver area, got it, and essentially stayed!  His significant other followed him out a little later with the house packed up in the car,  and worked, I believe, until his passing with the motorcycle parts maker, Trail Tech.

I saw him a couple of times over the years and remember showing me his mad wood skills making electric guitars and some cool toys at Trail Tech.  A tech guy, an artist, and good decent man.

I'll miss my friend Travis.

travischambers.jpg

slapnpop.jpg

Very sad. He hit me up almost immediately when it was clear that original POS forum was floundering, and his version of the forum was cutting edge (at the time), certainly compared to the mustard-colored. 

Travis was a force in the FJRForum, literally.  Huge loss.  😢

Nice guy. I was asked to step up when all the other Admins were going to be at events I couldn't attend. I sort of hung around after that to sweep and mop. He was always patient with my questions (just like all the other Admins).

I got windshield decals from Travis. So sorry for this loss. Sincere condolences. Rest in Peace, Sir.