Sad News, RIP Robert Swift

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
Just read this on another FJR Forum. Robert Swift known as both Bobcattoo and more recently FJRacer on this Forum was killed on Sunday, 1/18/15.

A motorcyclist was killed Sunday afternoon when his vehicle went off the road on the Williamson County side of Natchez Trace Parkway, near Highway 100. Robert M. Swift, 62, of Primm Springs, Tn., was traveling northbound on the scenic highway and lost control of his 2004 Yamaha FJR while negotiating a downhill left hand turn. A Tennessee Highway Patrol report says the vehicle flipped multiple times off the right side of the roadway before coming to a final rest. Swift was pronounced dead upon arrival at a local hospital. The THP said safety restraints on that portion of the road would not have made a difference in Swift's accident, and no other vehicles were involved. The report also indicates Swift was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
Article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Condolences & prayers to Bob's family & friends.

This is ALWAYS such sad news. I don't pretend to know what happened to this good man, but I'm reminded that we need to be careful ALWAYS when riding. Serious disaster is often just a slight misjudgement away. It's so easy to forget sometimes.

Deepest condolences to both family and friends. Always a tragedy to lose one of our brothers.

Condolences to the family and for the loss of a fellow FJR rider doing what he loved.

Thanks Bob for posting the picture.

Very sorry to hear this.

My condolences to Robert's family and friends.

This is very sad news. Robert rode Arkansas with the FZ group on several occasions, smooth fast and experienced. He really enjoyed the motorcycle life and knew more about bikes than most. RIP Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.