Sad pet stuff....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
Our 11 year old cat, Isabella, is not doing well. Seen here with her brother from the next litter, Antonio on the left, was a happy affectionate big tub of goo clocking in at almost 15 pounds.

F59977-AF-9909-4-F15-AB3-A-1294-F308-D086.jpg

Sadly now, I doubt she’s more than 2 pounds. She was constantly looking for food, but now not eating. I may have to intervene here to send her on her way. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, but her quality of life now doesn’t seem to be going up.

She was our first cat, and I have to say one of the best cats I’ve owned. 

Her brother and our newer cat, Opal, the white devil, seem to sense something isn’t right with her. 

This is what totally sucks about owning a pet. 😞

Some days it’s really tough to be a pet owner..nearly a year ago we decided to put one of our Maine Coons to sleep..kidney disease meant she was losing weight and not eating. Shittiest day of my life. Still hurts to think about it.

I don't know if this helps but I'm going through the same symptoms with my cat. Blood tests showed over active thyroid. It's a common problem apparently I give him meds twice a day and it seems to be working.

Out 18 yo orange tabby had some similar problems. At 13, we took him to an animal imaging place (that does horses too) and got his  thyroid nuked. No daily medication. About 5 years later he he had renal failure and we finally had to say goodby. Still too sad a thing to talk about without difficulty.

Indeed so very sad.

When first married we got a Great Dane and had to put him down in 1988 when he was just 6.5 yrs old. I never have fully gotten over that so I know the pain. It's beer for me tonight and the first one is for Isabella.

Thanks for replies. Yesterday we buried Izzy in a nice shady spot in the front yard behind a bench. 

This is the 4th cat I’ve owned that I outlived. Given a dog or cats lifespan, it’s pretty much a given one will have to deal with this.

Luckily we still have two cats to give us some comfort here.