Saddest Day of Our Lives...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
Hey everyone...I know Patch308 and I have not been around here much, but we had been busy taking care of our dad.

Last night at 10:18, my sister, Patch, and I lost him, and my mom lost her best friend.

He had been in the hospital since the Tuesday after Christmas and was moved to ICU the Thursday after that. Our dad had early stages of Pulmonary Fibrosis and ended up with a double lung infection that turned to Pnumonia. He was 62 and loved dearly.

I hate posting up sad stuff on these boards, but I know so many of you that it feels awkard trying to remember who I should call and notify, and who I should not. It's actually kind of good to sit and type for a few minutes.

Our dad was born in Mexico City as an American Citizen. When he was 17, he moved to the United States to live with his mom's brother on his ranch. He learned to rope, work cattle, hunt, fend for himself, and gained a deep love for this country. So much so that before he could speak English, he decided he needed to join the Marines and go fight in Vietnam. He got booted from the process when they realized couldn't speak English. He got told he was crazy for trying to volunteer, but he believed it was his duty to fight for his country.

He met our mom, married her and then began having kids. He gave us everything he could. We were never rich, but Patch, Angie and I never wanted for anything we needed. We were clean, fed, educated and loved beyond belief. Our dad worked very hard just about evey day of his life, and gave everything he earned to those that he loved.

He will be missed, and I hope that I made him as proud as I should have. We have lost a great man, and we cannot believe he is gone. He was the best man I have ever known, and I hope I am nearly the father he was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Patch, Zilla and Your Entire Family, our deepest condolences and our heartfelt prayers go out to you! All of the Best to You and Yours during your time of Mourning.

Take Care and God Bless You, Sincerely, Don and Seth Stanley

I know you'll have a real outpouring of support from this fine community, from close friends and from people like me who've never met you. I also know it helps a little, whoever it's from, just like sitting alone in a room and writing about your dad helps.

Comfort and prayers to your whole family. I know it's never easy to lose a parent, and your dad was way too young.

Damn..... :(

A.J. my brother, this is hard... I'm saddened to hear this.

My Heart goes out to You,Patch, Angie, and Mom today.

Love ya man.

B

Having lost both my parents in the last couple years, my heart goes out to you and your family.

I can't say it ever gets better; I miss mine terribly, every single day.......still

Keep all the good memories in the forefront. It helps you get through.

My deepest and most heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

b

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I am proud to know a man of your caliber. Your character speaks volumes as to who your father was.

He was the kind of fellow that makes America great and his kids proud. Aren't enough to go around.

Sorry for your loss.

Your character speaks volumes as to who your father was.
This alone is a testament to your father. Another riding friend lost her dad on New Year's day this year. Someone had posted this poem which I found to be quite lovely. I hope it brings some sort of light into your heart knowing that your dad has been released to be even more than what he was when he was here. Keep him in your heart always and he will never truly be gone.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,

I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,

I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,

I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight,

I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,

I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing,

I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave bereft

I am not there. I have not left.

'Zilla,

Something tells me you *are* what you most admired and respected of your pops.

That is the essence of life well lived. What more could a Dad ask?

Sincere condolences,

Don

HRZ- Just read your post and wanted to tell you how sorry I am. Sounds like a great guy. I'm sure he must have been proud of you. I lost my dad many years ago and there isn't a day that goes by I don't think of him. Hang in there man.......

HRZ and patch -

sincere condolences and prayers for the great loss you are feeling.

Sounds like a good man who did wonderful things and left some great people behind to carry on. He did well.

Condolences on your family's loss.

HRZ, Patch, Mother and Sister

Liz and I were saddend to hear your father had passed. God speed his soul. I watched my Dad slowly pass over several years with COPD, it wasn't anything I would put anyone through. It goes without saying He is in a far better place now. I know you feel his loss greatly, but he does live on in you and your brother. I'm sure he was very proud of you two. If you need anything, call me.

Bud and Liz

HRZ and Patch -

My sincere condolences for your loss. Your father was good man and I know you are missing him dearly. Sounds like he set a great example for you to carry on.

He was the kind of fellow that makes America great and his kids proud. Aren't enough to go around.

Sorry for your loss.
Gunny on that thought AJ. I barely know you, but through meeting you and through your threads, know enough to know that your Dad has got to be proud of you.

Sorry about your loss...your Dad was far too young to have left this soon.

May God be with you, your brother and your sister...and may he comfort your mom, who I am sure is in a world of hurt.

Sorry to hear that, and my sympathies to you all. Life goes on, but it's certainly different when you lose someone like your Dad. I lost mine 15 months ago, and I'm beginning to believe that it may be something I'll never be completely over.