Saddest Day of Our Lives...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost my dad 21 and a half years ago and it still feels like yesterday. And I also feel like he's still with me, helping me make decisions that make me a better person.

The loss doesn't really go away. Instead, it becomes part of you as he was. In the long term, that's a good thing.

Thinking about you and sending good juju your way...

Last edited by a moderator:
gee AJ, I cried when I read your post...the Flag as your Avatar (compared to some of the funny shirt we all chose during light moments) put me over the edge

then I couldn't recover as I read each post in the thread

my Dad passed unexpectedly at age 65 in '87 3 months after my wedding...I was 28...it was way too early and now that I'm deeply involved in the PGR, I find I barely know of his WWII experiences fighting the Japanese. We only get one Dad <sigh>. I'm glad God gave you the quality man I now know from your expressions of love and respect.

my deepest condolences and sympathies from me and my family. Prayers are lifted as arrangements and decisions are made in the midst of sadness and mourning.

I would love to hear more about both of you

Affectionately,

Mike

Our thoughts are with you AJ and Patch. I lost my Dad in '83 at the same young age that your dad just passed. Both your and my dad's kids were his proudest achievement - continue to make him proud...

Heartfelt and sincere condolences to you and your loved ones!

I'm 62 in April and hope my kids will one day write a few words with the same admiration as you did about your beloved dad.

Alfredo

your dad sounds like a great man and a great American i pray God will comfort you and your family at this time of loss and grief.

Thank you everybody. For some reason, just hearing comforting words makes us feel better for a bit. We did the funeral arrangements today...Wow, just wow.

I'll keep you posted as the initial sting of the pain eases a little bit. Stupid things I see are currently making me cry, and for the most part, I'm not a crier. We're very worried about my mom at this point. There were a lot of things left undone, and unplanned for. That's just the way it goes.

Thank you for the posts and the PM's. The really do make us feel better.

Thank you everybody. For some reason, just hearing comforting words makes us feel better for a bit. We did the funeral arrangements today...Wow, just wow.

I'll keep you posted as the initial sting of the pain eases a little bit. Stupid things I see are currently making me cry, and for the most part, I'm not a crier. We're very worried about my mom at this point. There were a lot of things left undone, and unplanned for. That's just the way it goes.

Thank you for the posts and the PM's. The really do make us feel better.
I'm somehow continually, pleasantly stunned and comforted by what comes out of this forum

Good for you AJ and Patch...and I am sadly reminded both of you plus Angie find yourselves in this sad new era of life just beginning

but I think of the unfortunate who had clueless, unloveable, or absent Dads and how fortunate we are and thankful every day.

I guess in your line of work, you see the results of that more than the average human.

Crying can be a good thing and I was quite off balance till some silly commercial or TV show came on and it all came pouring out...I was much better after that in response of my Dad's passing

It comes to mind often:

Shared Joy is double Joy

Shared Sorrow is Half

Ah, man... He was wayyyy too young.

AJ - deepest condolences from me and Sooze to you and your family, bud.

Stupid things I see are currently making me cry, and for the most part, I'm not a crier.
S'alright. Let it out.

But if you want something that'll REALLY make you cry, try being down-wind of Bust and that industrial-strength BO of his. You wanna talk about TEARS.. :huh:

Aw shit man, I'm so sorry to hear of this. Unfortunately something I know about first hand all to recently. Condolences to the family bud.

Thoughts, prayers to you and your family.

I'm truly sorry, I know your dad was a good man because his son is a class act and it all starts at home. He did a good job.

Keep the fond memories alive and please share them when we go riding this spring. I look forward to hearing them

....Reno

Prayers of encouragement and strength to you and your family;

many of us have been down this path....words help, family helps, friends help....but it's

a tough path to go. Young age to leave, be comforted by treasured memories and moments that you shared.

AJ, so sorry to read of your loss. I'm sure your fine words has your Dad smiling down on you now. Peace to you and your family, sounds like you had a great father.

Damn... :(

Losing a parent is hard stuff. I still miss my mother every time i have a question... Parents know everything.

My deepest sympathy to the whole family.

I know this is hard to do, But you need to comfort the kiddo's too. I lost my Grandmother at 8 years old and it hurt worse.

Stay Strong Brother,

Adam

Ps... Call me anytime, Day or night if you need anything.

I'm so sorry to hear of your lost, I lost my dad when I was 12. Thoughts, prayers to you and your family.