saddle bag mounting hole covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87Doodle

Reaction score
hey guys,

Just got an '05 and It's missing one of the little tabs that pop in to cover the holes on the body where the saddle bags go, when the saddle bags are off. What are these called so I can order them?

Thanks.

36 5JW-2163E-00-P4 COVER, REAR FENDER 2 (for the front top hole)

37 5JW-2163E-10-P4 COVER, REAR FENDER 2 (for the rear top hole)

38 5JW-2163F-00-P4 COVER, REAR FENDER 3 (for the hole underneath)

One must learn to navigate the Yamaha site and get into the parts catalog...clicky here!

Old post but does anyone know if the mounting hole covers are the same throughout all generations? I know the saddle bags are so assume these are too?

I dont see the exact part number listed above on partzilla but I do see them available for gen 2 in black, (I have a gen 1 in cerulean silver)
Gen 2 part numbers:
3P6-2163E-01-P3
3P6-2163E-11-P3
3P6-2163F-01-P3

The first part 5JW vs 3P6 is the generation code, next section is the same 2163 E and F then the last 2 sections are different, maybe color code?
Im about 95% certain these will work but wanted to post up on here. Thanks!

Gen I is physically different from Gen II and later. Otherwise, the differences are color to match the side panels for various years.

As far as I know, the Gen I covers don't fit Gen II and later.
Not 100% sure but I believe that is the case.

I found this out the hard way. Bought some Gen 1 covers from another person that will remain unmentioned and they did not fit my Gen 2 '06. I had to buy another set from someone else later.