• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Saddlebag Yamaha Logo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapest

Reaction score
Anyone with a rashed up bag laying around willing to part with the silver on black Yamaha logo?
It fits in a cutout molded into the chrome rubstrip, at least Gen II and up.
I lost one somewhere between Florida and home last yr.
Unless someone knows better, my dealer says it can only be bought with the chrome bit, at an outrageous $$.

Thx
-Steve

Ok, you made me look.
1MC-SCBCR-00-00 available in Canada, logo & rubstrip about C$120
5JW-W9345-00-00 available in US, logo only, about US$15.

If no offers, I will ask my dealer if they can order the logo only.

-Steve

Okay, let me explain a little more. In the US (and probably Canada) all the saddle bags up until 2012 had a black rubber rub strip with the logo emblem available separately. Starting in 2013 the saddle bags have the chrome rub strip and the emblem is not available separately. Almost no one ever complained about lost logo emblem before 2013.
Look on the parts fiche from your favorite supplier for the saddle bags on any pre-2013 model to find the emblem as a separate item. Not sure if the part number is the same in Canada.
Others have lost the logo emblems on the post-2012 models and many think the adhesive is not sufficient to stay stuck to the chrome strip. The usual recommendation is to add your own favorite stick-um to keep them where you want them.

dan

Anyone with a rashed up bag laying around willing to part with the silver on black Yamaha logo?
It fits in a cutout molded into the chrome rubstrip, at least Gen II and up.
I lost one somewhere between Florida and home last yr.
Unless someone knows better, my dealer says it can only be bought with the chrome bit, at an outrageous $$.

Thx
-Steve
Hi Steve.
I think that this is what you’re looking for. i have attached a pic of what I have. Let me know please
Lance

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
I had one of the emblems starting to come loose on my 2009. I peeled it off before it could fall off and reattached it with E6000. I actually peeled the other one off and re-glued it with E6000 as a precautionary measure. Never had a problem with them ever again.

Hi Steve.
I think that this is what you’re looking for. i have attached a pic of what I have. Let me know please
Lance
Hello Lance
Thx for the reply.
I am looking for just the bit that says YAMAHA. Its glued to the rubber strip in your photo.
What you have is more than I need, and they look to be in good shape. (If you’re thinking about selling, you’d do better keeping them whole I think)
I’ll hang on and see if anyone offers up just the logo.
thx
-Steve

Hello Lance
Thx for the reply.
I am looking for just the bit that says YAMAHA. Its glued to the rubber strip in your photo.
What you have is more than I need, and they look to be in good shape. (If you’re thinking about selling, you’d do better keeping them whole I think)
I’ll hang on and see if anyone offers up just the logo.
thx
-Steve

See Dan Cooper's post above.

You can buy that piece, just the black piece, if you check the microfiche online or have your dealer check for you for a 2012 or earlier. Why they stopped offering it separately for 2013 later is a mystery. Don't trust the adhesive that comes with it.

I found it at Blackfoot Online (Calgary)
$23 CDN. Don't know about shipping cost but they may have a threshold for free shipping so it might be worth augmenting your order with other "stuff"?
At least its domestic rather than international.

(I didn't look all that carefully, but here is the link)
https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/blackfootonline/showmodel/13/yamahamc/861
Got it, thx

Dan/Old Guy
Thx for the comments. I am aware of the points you make. Just looking for used one, before I have to purchase new.
-Steve

Last edited: