Safety Mirror

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proteus1952

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
While watching a Reddit video clip by a British Motorcycle Safety Instructor, I noticed something odd in front of him attached to his windscreen.  On closer examination, it appeared to be a type of convex mirror that seemed to give the rider a 180 degree view to his right and left.  One google hit later and I found what is obviously the exact product which is called:  "Rider-Scan, 180 degree Safety Mirror".

Never seen such a device before, nor have I noticed such an item mentioned on this forum.

Any users of such a product in the asylum who can comment on it's worthiness?  Any other discussion regarding this is welcome too, of course.

The neat little gizmo is available on Amazon for about $50 smackers.

I posted about this or a very similar product here a couple years ago.  I thought then and still do that it would be a very useful thing.  Got the kind of replies you already got here.  I'd love to try one, just not $59 worth.

Ever get behind a shiny tanker truck and just kind of watch yourself as you ride?  You can really see what's around you (figured I didn't need to worry about whatever was in front of the truck, with that big honking thing running interference for me, and I could always out-stop it). 

I'd still like to try one.  Somebody buy one, and then decide you don't like it.  I'll buy it off you for a nice discount.

After reading the reviews on this, I would not buy one. If you want lateral view beyond the current mirrors why not just buy two small convex mirrors and mount them on the corner of the existing mirrors??