San Marcos, CA: Motoport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgross

Recusant Infidel
Reaction score
Outstanding Service!

After years of drooling, I finally made the ride to Motoport. What finally pushed me over the edge (besides knowing that I wanted gear that would provide actual protection in a get-off, especially since my current name-brand pants were coming apart at the seams) was their holiday special: FREE wind proof/water proof liner pants with purchase of Kevlar riding pants. I'm always up for $99 savings.

The Review: Wayne was polite and professional**, asking if I had an idea of which product I wanted; explaining the differences between the two types of Kevlar material; reviewing the measurements that I had taken with me; supplying a pair of "off the rack" for me to try on - first without the armor and then with the armor inserted; accompanied me out to my bike so I could mount up and check the fit "in position"; noting where the knee/shin armor would need to be re-positioned & re-sewn, and pointing out the overall length.

He offered to let me take them for a ride; to make the adjustment in the knee armor while I waited so that I could buy them and ride them home.

In the end, I opted to have them build me a pair with longer legs - and we reviewed all the various options that were or could be included. AND Wayne offered to measure me for a jacket, and he'll keep the numbers on file for when I'm ready to order. I'm glad he did the measuring!

Then, he asked if I'd like a tour of the facility. Sure!

Altogether, Wayne spent nearly an hour and a half with me and I could not be more pleased with his service. (And his product is pretty great, too.)

https://www.motoport.com/

**As it turns out, making an appointment is customary (just call), but I didn't know this. So Wayne was kind enough to juggle his busy Monday morning and made me feel like I was his only customer.

Wayne & I talked about sizing. I told him that I'd never seen a complaint about his *product*, but several about getting a proper *fit*.

I mentioned that I've worn size 34 jeans, slacks and shorts for years, but that I measured my waist for his sizing info and found it to be 39"!!!

That, he said, is at the bottom of the issue of sizing difficulties that some folks have had: "vanity sizing" of most clothing companies. Some customers don't bother to actually measure and instead just write their "size".

His business is based upon a garment that *fits* as well as it performs. "Measure twice, cut once".

I followed the fitting instructions on his website to the letter and had no problem with fitment when I received my Motoport pants. Love my stretch Kevlar pants!

CyclePort / MotoPort fan for several years now. Although it's not the most stylish of gear, function definitely outweighs form in this case. I need to trade my air mesh pants for a set of stretch Kevlar one of these days.

Thanks for the report bgross!

--G

Bambi caused me to crash test my Motoport gear a year ago and after sliding down the road at 55 mph it saved my ass, no skin touched the pavement .Sent in the suit and had it repaired.

Get the jacket and be sure to wear it zipped to the pants. Without zipped together I would have not walked away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the call yesterday, and went down this morning to pick up the pants.

The short version is: Motoport's outstanding service is matched by their product!

MsNASCAR and I have all kinds of riding gear and leathers over the years but before we left Temecula, CA and settled in AZ, we made sure we stopped by Motoport and got sized for pants and jackets. So glad we did. We had a moving sale and gave away most of the other riding gear.

Now, to find someone who could use a couple Shark helmets (barely used) at a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love my Cycleport. Didn't really get a chance to test it as I was more of a lawn dart than a skipping rock when I totaled the '08. Going on 6 years and still in great shape. A little faded from it's years the AZ sun, but holding up well. Enjoy it and I hope you never have to use it for it's intended purpose.

Greg

My Motoport kevlar mesh jacket and pants were fully tested in Helena, MT on the way to NAFO in '08. That's the one I arrived at in a rented car. Totaled the bike, bruised the hell out of the bod, but the suit came out fine as I tumbled over a field of big broken granite rocks.

It's not the warmest in cold weather, or the coolest in hot weather, but it's damn tough. I feel darn safe when I have it on. I did get all the liners, just never use them. They'd definitely go for a "steal" price if anybody asked. I could use the closet space. I do prefer to just layer other products underneath, and waterproof gear outside if needed. Much easier when a roadside change is called for.

My Motoport kevlar mesh jacket and pants were fully tested in Helena, MT on the way to NAFO in '08. That's the one I arrived at in a rented car. Totaled the bike, bruised the hell out of the bod, but the suit came out fine as I tumbled over a field of big broken granite rocks.
It's not the warmest in cold weather, or the coolest in hot weather, but it's damn tough. I feel darn safe when I have it on. I did get all the liners, just never use them. They'd definitely go for a "steal" price if anybody asked. I could use the closet space. I do prefer to just layer other products underneath, and waterproof gear outside if needed. Much easier when a roadside change is called for.
PM sent

Latest posts