Santa Clara, Ca, G.P. Sports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
I had my ticker repaired at GP Sports in Santa Clara. Mark and Dave, headed the service counter and did their best with Yamaha to get this done. They had no clue to this ticking phenomenon but waded through the Yamaha protocol and got it done. Also did some other things such as installing my Wilbers shock and front fork springs while it was down at a very good price and time estimate seeing it was in the shop already.

The FJR runs great and they even got the intake stems and seal done to ensure it would be right. They did the TBS, valve clearance, installed new plugs and air filter, which I provided, they installed free.

Tom Melchild, a well respected LD riding in the FJR community recommended this dealer to me. He also uses them for service and has bought his current FJR from them and is awaiting his '06 also bought from them.

They were very accommidating and answered my concerns honestly the best that Yamaha allowed them info on the ticking subject. They even went online to get a feel for the ticking problem and repairs nationwide.

Props to Mark and Dave for their help!!! Mike

I was recommended to Grand Prix by two friends of mine. I have found them to be honest, reliable and accomodating. They have never even made a issue of working on the bike with all the BS I have on it, wiring, fuel cell etc. I had them do 3 valve adjustments on my 03 and never had any issues.

As Mike mentioned, I bought my 06 there. They gave me a fair price and produced the bike when they said they would. It was prepped right and a couple minor things they took care of immediately.

Oh, and did I say that my son, after another Yamaha dealer in Haward really tried to screw him, got a great deal on a SV650 from them.

I wish all dealers were like the guys at Grand Prix.

Tom Melchild