Saturday Ride 10-27-07 Possible Interest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Hey, All. I have an informal ride planned for this SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, if you care to join. Meet me at Monroe Motorsports (https://www.monroemotorsports.net/map_hours.asp) just off 522 on West Main in Monroe for a quick equipment check, brief & coffee, then we'll head out on Ben Howard Road to Sultan, out of Sultan via Old Owen Road to Reiner Road, to Old Pipeline Road, Bollenbaugh Hill Road to Woods Creek Road to Lake Roesigor Road........ to Granite Falls via Menzel Lake Road. Out of GF via Highway 92 West to Highway 9 via 84th Street. Highway 9 North to Lake McMurray, then West on Highway 534 to Conway.

After reaching Conway, we could shoot up north on 237 to Bow-Edison, then up 11 to Fairhaven via Chuckanut for late lunch. Then ride through the twin lakes area southeast of Bellingham, south to Wickersham on Highway 9. Then south on 9 we go.

Or from Conway, we can head south down Pioneer Highway, Stanwood, Warm Beach..... to Marysville and home.

Just a thought. That's about a 3-5 hour total ride (if we do the Chuckanut with stops). We should probably start at noon so we get back in time for all the Halloweeners!

Beautiful country & lots of twisties. I'm thinking medium speed with caution because of the wet leaves and/or moss. And to get a glimpse of all the views. We'll be a bit cautious on Ben Howard, Old Owen & Reiner Roads. Bring the camera for mug shots.

I'll let Nathan & Aaron at Monroe Motorports know!

My cell phone is: two zero six five seven nine six zero five eight.

PS: I don't mean to step on anyone's trip. I apologize now if I have done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we had a great time. I guess the FJR guys in our local area were doing honey-do's. They sure missed a terrific day of riding. I posted the ride on this forum, PNWRiders & S-T.net. Only the S-T guys showed up. Aaron & Nathan at Monroe Motorsports had fresh pastries & coffee for us before we headed out.

Eight of us started out at 12:20. Ben Howard Road was the start of our amazing journey. Only ran into some mushy leaves on Reiner Road. Passed several old couples were out enjoying their British motorcars. Pretty cool!

Stopped in Granite Falls for a bit to test their public restroom! :blink:

Just out of Arlington on 9, the twisties started up again. :yahoo: All the way up to Lake McMurray & west to Conway.

State LEO's were out in force all throughout the valley. :angry: Headed north through the farm land & up through Bow-Edison area. Lots of cruisers parked in front of the pubs. :rolleyes:

Chuckanet Drive was awesome. Can you say "Twisty!". Stopped for lunch at the BIG FAT FISH COMPANY restaurant in Fairhaven. Fairhaven seemed to be full of folks out for a ride.

After lunch, we rode east on Lakeway Drive along the shores of Lake Whatcom to 9 again. Then south on 9 through Sedro Wooley, Clear Lake & Big Lake areas.

Lot & lots of twisties. :clapping:

Hope to see some yall locals next time.

It was a beautiful day for sure. Sounds like a great ride. Maybe next time, when the boxes are gone, yard is mowed and all the other domestic duties are fulfilled.

--G

Well, we had a great time. I guess the FJR guys in our local area don't ride much. They sure missed a terrific day of riding. I posted the ride on this forum, PNWRiders & S-T.net. Only the S-T guys showed up. MM had fresh pastries & coffee for us before we headed out.
Stopped in Granite Falls for a bit to test their public restroom! :blink:

Stopped for a late lunch at the BIG FAT FISH COMPANY restaurant in Fairhaven. Fairhaven was full of folks out for a ride.

Lot & lots of twisties. :clapping:

Hope to see some yall locals next time.
Stephen, I guess that I need to check this part of the forum out more often! I met a friend and his Shadow (I'll ride with anyone long as they ride!) We went up 9 with a few fun deviation's we went west along the bottom side of Lake Watocom then stoped at the Alger Taveren for coffee and burgers conteiued west thru Bow and Edison then down thru Bayview heading south we went to Laconer then Conway and home (I live by Lake Goodwin) it was a easy ride only 130 miles but good anyhow.

We may have passed each other sometime, but I don't recall seeing another FJR the whole trip. Lots of cruisers, Beemers & other S-T stuff.

I really enjoyed myself, even though it was a ride, ride & ride some more type of a trip. Due to our rather late start and it getting darker earlier, we didn't have a lot of time to sit, visit & shoot the breeze.

As we headed north, it seemed to get a little bit cloudier & colder. We hit sunshine again just outside Sedro Wooley.

Anyway, hope youse folks can make the next one.

Oh, by the way. I'm available just about anytime for a ride. But not rain! :ph34r:

Glad you had a good ride. I was committed to a ride with my ducati club (but I took the FJR, not the 749). We left Redmond at 7:30 and went to Levenworth for breakfast. From the top of Steven's Pass down to Levenworth, it was a max of 32F, low point was 28F. Seemed like there was just a little ice in spots. I have the touring windshield, heated grips, and a heated vest, and it kept me pretty warm. My toes got cold, and the tops of my hand were just a little cold. I need to find some gloves that have a single layer of leather on the bottom, and then some good insulation on top, then my hands will be perfect.

Also, with my new ECU, I had no issue crossing the 4000 ft pass either way.

Kurt

pics at Redmond in the fog at 7:30

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2254/179533...53543bfcc_o.jpg

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/179449...dae503e8d_o.jpg

and at breakfast (some of the 10 bikes)

https://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o248/bo...8S/IMG_1598.jpg