Save The Date - NERDS '13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As we slide into the hectic winter holidays, we know that many folks are required to make their vacation plans around the end of the prior calendar year. So with that in mind we wanted to let you know that, partly for all of the reasons voiced in the Poll Thread, partly because of the overwhelming numbers in the poll itself, but mostly because we NERDS are a lazy bunch, we will be returning to The Commodores Inn for NERDS 2013 on the week and weekend of August 14th thru 18th.

Our goal will be to run things pretty much the same as we have in prior years, and to add some new ride routes for you to try out, in addition to the old standbys, which will also still be published. Although it was a lot of fun for those involved, we've decided not to include another THaPS (Treasure Hunt and Photo Safari) and just keep everything as low key as possible for the whole week.

So mark your calendars, make your plans, and stay tuned. We'll post up more info on how to get in on the fun as soon as it is available.

Hope that you all can attend!!

Dem NERDS are the funerest people!
nerd.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be back............Again

Any chance of an Adirondack TT route this year, rode through there last year on the way to Stowe and thought it would make for a great ride if someone who knew the roads were to make a route.

I've ridden bits and pieces of RT100 but have been planning a ride for this summer to do the entire length of RT100. Then continue into Sherbrooke and return via RT3 "Moose Alley" in NH. So this NERDS event fit's right into that.

I assume it's okay to join you for Friday thru Sunday or is this a full commitment?

...I assume it's okay to join you for Friday thru Sunday or is this a full commitment?
Choose any or as many days as you like. We have some activities like tech day and the event dinner on a fixed days so you may want to take a look at the calendar of events that will be posted when we get closer to NERDS.

I have to come back to defend my Granite Lane Bowling title not that I'm expecting much of a challenge from BikerGeek.

I've ridden bits and pieces of RT100 but have been planning a ride for this summer to do the entire length of RT100. Then continue into Sherbrooke and return via RT3 "Moose Alley" in NH. So this NERDS event fit's right into that.

I assume it's okay to join you for Friday thru Sunday or is this a full commitment?
As ionbeam already mentioned, folks are encouraged to attend for as much or as little as they can or want. There will be an itinerary published so you can see what's happening on the various days and adjust your plans as you see fit. It's really just a big party with people coming and going whenever they want, except we (mostly) all ride the same kind'a bikes. Hope to meet you there!

Haha!! Yeah, that "road blocker" was clearly a flagman, not any kind of a police officer. And he and Alan became very good friends.
punk.gif

Also it was the Covered bridges ride route of NERD '12 (after I somehow pissed him off by taking a shortcut around the construction, and stranded everyone following!
rolleyessmileyanim.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to come back to defend my Granite Lane Bowling title not that I'm expecting much of a challenge from BikerGeek.
I dunno, fitter - Mrs. kolonial72 has been practicing on our new granite bowling lane in the back yard!
Y'all should be thankful that I was there to show you how NOT to do it.

Glad the week didn't shift from last year! The other half's vacation bid was due in back at the start of November, so we guessed at the dates for NERDS and sent it off. Luckily we guessed right. The list of awarded dates came out this week, and we're good to go.

Latest posts