Scotch or Bourbon?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9982674a6a240c729215adb06ffba496.jpg

I used to prefer Bourbon over Scotch, but I’ve had some pretty awesome Scotches in the past year that drink as smooth and sweet as a Bourbon. With premium Bourbon prices getting silly, it’s making me take a closer look at some Irish Whiskies and Ryes. With all of them, at 15 years or older they get quite interesting if not a bit pricey. 

I am currently drinking a Hazelwood 25 and an Aultmore 18 that are pretty special. But the 1910 12 year Rye is good too.

Okay, there is a new  member of my top ten five brands of whisky.  Macallan 12 Scotch.  Goooood.....

Bourbon first. After visiting Scotland I developed a taste for GOOD scotch, so I drink that from time to time. 

Been on a bourbon kick for the last year or so but before that it was Scotch and I still enjoy Scotch.  Specifically Glenfiddich, MacAllan, the Speysides mostly.  Balvenie Double Wood is great.  Bourbons I like are Elijah Craig, Woodford Double Oak, Stagg Jr., Blantons, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, 1792...  

Just opened a Willet Pot Still... blech... also didn’t like the Four Roses small batch much.