SE Ohio day ride and a race weekend.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bockelrider

Reaction score
Gray Ray and I zipped around SE Ohio last Friday. Ray has earned his new Indian name "Man who rides with Birds". He had TWO close calls with some ?vultures. The first touched his windscreen as it passed in front of him!!! The second one was about 10 feet out in front of him.

Another great day on those straight and boring roads!!

Sat I joined Ray for a track day at Pitt Race in PA. Wet track in the morning that was clear by noon.

Lots of fun riding on a track with Ray. He is quick!! I passed the Race school and on to Sunday.

Sunday was race day and we were entered in two races, 250Super Bike class. My last race was in 1976...I was sure I could remember what to do!!!

Well I had a grand time in both races!! I had a fair start in both races and then spent the first two laps getting passed by everyone...even the girl who was in her first race! The middle laps were cool as I was all alone in last place then at the end the leader went buy me...I did check to make sure my engine had not died...it was still running...I think my problem was with my right hand!!

In both races I could see Gray Ray for the first two laps...then he pulled away...and was gone!

I think a name change is in order....maybe Fast Ray!!

A great three days with Gray (Fast) Ray and some super people! Made lots of new friends.

All the BS about how well a person rides stops at the track. Lap times do not lie. I am old and slow but boy did I have a great time. The glory days from the 70's came back and I was 25 again for two days!!

Steve, glad to hear that you two "old guys" were able to get out and have some fun. I always enjoy riding the flat, straight, boring roads of SE Ohio with Ray.

I better stay off of the track!

If you're getting lapped by the leader,I'd probably get lapped by the girl in her first race.

I better stay off of the track!
If you're getting lapped by the leader,I'd probably get lapped by the girl in her first race.
Denny!

Just a quick note of thanks from the guys at ST.o (not ST.n) for your routes. We took them on a blast on the East route that included a bunch they've never been on before... Dalzell, Stanleysville etc.. Big smiles after that ride!

.. and if your getting lapped by the girl in her first race, I'd be getting lapped by her sister. (oOo I like the way that sounds!)