SE Ohio Spring "Ramble" 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is SUPPOSED to be my weekend off from work, so I'll try to make it. I will be living right off of 821 outside of Marietta if your route includes that road. If not, I can meet you all somwhere close to that spot near the Marietta area.
Glad that yer gonna try and make it. I haven't decided on the final route yet, but will probably stick close to last years route with maybe a new road or two thrown in for good measure. I have turn directions posted in the linked thread, so you can see which roads we did last year. :clapping:

Meet us where you want, but yer certainly invited to come to Athens Friday night or Saturday morning to do some meets & greets...certainly there are some curvy twisties between Athens and Marietta that might interest you? :yahoo:

Oh I could easily sprint down 550 and be in Athens in roughly30-40 minutes, but that road is such a staple in our normal rides that it gets kinda boring if you know what I mean. However, I might still try to make it for the meet up in Athens just so I can get the FULL RIDE effect!

Oh I could easily sprint down 550 and be in Athens in roughly30-40 minutes, but that road is such a staple in our normal rides that it gets kinda boring if you know what I mean. However, I might still try to make it for the meet up in Athens just so I can get the FULL RIDE effect!
It would be good to meet you at the beginning of the ride...I will try to route w/out using much of 550.

Route wherever you please Wheatie. I'll ride it. Although the LEO prescence has been stepped up on 550, so that might not be a bad idea. Drop me a line when the final route is up and I'll scout what's close to me.

Good on ya Wheaton for organizing this!

I'm in.

Can I make a suggestion? Extend the 07 route a bit more like 2006. The route I had for 2007 was just a bit too short.

Good on ya Wheaton for organizing this!
I'm in.

Can I make a suggestion? Extend the 07 route a bit more like 2006. The route I had for 2007 was just a bit too short.
Thanks Mike and that's great news that the "Ramble Master" will be joining us! :clapping: :yahoo:

I send a PM soon on routes, etc.

Looks good Wheatie! Should be one heck of a ride!!! I noticed the " Head Here?" option there for the Hocking Hills region, I have taken 13 up to Corning, crossed 155, and then down 93 thru Logan, and you can take 56 back into Athens. That is a decent loop. Not too many technical spots, but 56 is pretty good up till 5-10 miles out of Athens and it's got a fairly low amount of traffic. Last I knew of 26, it was still chip seal type stuff, but that has also been a couple of years since I have been across it. You can believe that once some nicer weather gets here, I'll do some scouting for you.

Looks good Wheatie! Should be one heck of a ride!!! I noticed the " Head Here?" option there for the Hocking Hills region, I have taken 13 up to Corning, crossed 155, and then down 93 thru Logan, and you can take 56 back into Athens. That is a decent loop. Not too many technical spots, but 56 is pretty good up till 5-10 miles out of Athens and it's got a fairly low amount of traffic. Last I knew of 26, it was still chip seal type stuff, but that has also been a couple of years since I have been across it. You can believe that once some nicer weather gets here, I'll do some scouting for you.
Thanks for the tip...

In the Hocking Hills region...yamaholic has taken me and others on the Thompson Ridge Rd north and east out of Laurelville and 374 down to 56...I believe he has taken me on 374 south of 33. Really pretty in there and Thompson is a riot to ride. :yahoo: :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great route wheaton.If you go to the Hocking Hills region you might want to consider 180 as it comes off of 33.I believe it hooks up with 374,but I'm not certain.180 was paved last year and it's a blast going up the hill.Another road that deserves STRONG consideration is Hocking County road 11(Big Pine Road).It cuts between 664 and 374 I believe,right beside Conkel's Hollow.CR 11 is a great creekside road through a beautiful forrest.There are a couple of posts about it on motorcycle roads.us.

Another great route wheaton.If you go to the Hocking Hills region you might want to consider 180 as it comes off of 33.I believe it hooks up with 374,but I'm not certain.180 was paved last year and it's a blast going up the hill.Another road that deserves STRONG consideration is Hocking County road 11(Big Pine Road).It cuts between 664 and 374 I believe,right beside Conkel's Hollow.CR 11 is a great creekside road through a beautiful forrest.There are a couple of posts about it on motorcycle roads.us.
Thanks again for the tips...

drc32-0,

Are you joining us this year? :clapping:

You won't be sorry if you do! :yahoo:

1st post is being updated to indicate participants...review 1st post to see if your name is on it. :rolleyes:

Also...pm me or post as to whether you will be staying overnight in Athens or making this a day trip. :clapping:

I'm planning on riding with you,but I hate to say I will and then bail on you a like I did last year.

BTW,I think it is 374 that is the good ride off of 33,not 180-I'll check that out.

I am a strong possible for this ride with the caveat being that unforeseen changes to my work travel schedule might wreak havoc on my plans. My current plan is to take the bike to work in Connecticut during the prior week. So, on Saturday the 19th, I hope to travel from Pittsburgh to meet up with you guys and then return to Chicago sometime after the ride.

hmmm Lets see if I ride down to Parkersburg for Ohio Spring, then jaunt west(?) to Eureka Springs for SFO, I get a day or so layover to rest in the hot springs before the unruly hoards arrive. opps did I say that out loud :whistle:

I tell you come April I'm roaring to go!!!

Latest posts