Sealmate Physical Dimensions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie

Reaction score
Attempting to do emergency fix of leaking seal using plastic from milk jug....could anyone who has one measure it and post

the dimensions...thanks for any responses..

The critical part is the hook shape at the bottom that is the only part that is shoved under the lip of the seal. The rest of the thing is just a handle to help you work it around the seal.

dk149121.jpg

Yeah, just cut a strip. I didn't even make the hook shape, but just tilted it so it pulled stuff up and out as I worked it around.

There's nothing in there that it's going to damage by going "too deep" unless you stupidly shove it all the way in. :)

I agree. The idea of the hook is just to make it easy to pull the collected grunge back up and out from under the seal lip. If you watch the seal mate video it is pretty clear how they work.

If you were to just push the spooge in you may get the seal to reseal and stop leaking, but the added gook in the fork oil can't be very good for the fork's internals.

Thanks for the replies and the advice...did the milk jug fix this morning....took a 65 mile ride this afternoon..No oil on the fork....the original

sealmate will go in the toolbag..

Thanks again.....

Frankie