Season ending

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullivan

Reaction score
Supposed to be nice for the upcoming weekend, with the lows between 25 and 29.  Days 41 to 47.  As long as the wet leaves are avoided, will  probably be the next to last rides of the season.  While previously, 10 - 12 months was doable, the house/garage was sold this past summer and I'll have to shoehorn the teeney bike into the self storage building soon, as the landlord says no bikes as of 12/1 due to snow plowing.  Going to be a b i t c h to do winter farkles in a cold facility on the weekends.  oh well.

Forecast says upper 40s Sunday.  Might have to get the bike out of the storage unit for a day.  Still have a month to go to get past most of the snow events.

Forecast says upper 40s Sunday.  Might have to get the bike out of the storage unit for a day.  Still have a month to go to get past most of the snow events.
We are supposed to get similar on Monday.  Even if it is warm long enough to take care of the frozen street surface in my neighborhood, without a heavy rain to rinse away the salt, I won't be going anywhere.  I like to think I can manage my first ride by St. Patrick's day, but it is often not possible.  Portland is enough warmer than central New Brunswick that you are likely to be riding a week or two before me.  I really need to spend a couple days on maintenance stuff anyway.

Salt wreaks havoc with the aluminum frame and parts! 
Yes, even if rinsed off with a hose after a ride.  Nothing uglier than corroded aluminum.  Does worse on zinc die-cast. Salt even stains "stainless" steel and chrome but that can usually be polished out if not pitted.  

Local boat supply shop has the anti-salt sprays and washes, but the weather never materialized and something came up, so I am waiting.  Awesome rain today for the roads.