Season winding down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullivan

Reaction score
Wow, this seemed like a short season. Hoping to get some fresh air tomorrow, although lots of snow fell last night, and the wet leaves make me more cautious than sand does in the springtime.
20181110_113115%5B1%5D-XL.jpg

Looking like its going to be all high temps still below freezing from here on. Saturday will be the exception, with a high of 41 balmy degrees, but I have a couple of Turkey breasts that need smoking in preparation for the upcoming holiday feast. Ill take that warm time to multitask and also put the snows on the wifes car and pull the snowblower out of the shed into the garage.

Im feeling a bit gypped this fall, and havent had much chance to put many miles on either my new Africa Twin or my beautiful 2014 FJR. Still hoping for a week of Indian summer to get out on both bikes before the long nap.

October/November have been worse than usual and I haven't managed to get out nearly as much as usual for this time of year. The season may have ground to a screeching halt here today with what looks like the better part of 6" of ugly white stuff. I usually manage to ride at least a little into the first week in December.

October/November have been worse than usual and I haven't managed to get out nearly as much as usual for this time of year. The season may have ground to a screeching halt here today with what looks like the better part of 6" of ugly white stuff. I usually manage to ride at least a little into the first week in December.
Same here. More often than not the bike doesn't get parked for the winter until the second week in Dec.

Contrary to what the Farmers Almanac had predicted, winter is coming early this year in the Midwest as well.