Seat concepts rear seat possible group buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
I was contacted by seat concepts due to the last group buy. They are in the process of developing a rear seat to go along with the front. It will require a new cover because he said it was a completely different shape. He sad he will be in contact when its done with pricing but the discounts will be similar to the first group buy. Any one interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if they can make me a rear to match my front.....I assume this new rear is going to be a bit wider/thicker for more passenger comfort?

I may be interested as well, but I need a front cover as well. If a both seat option is available I'm in

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no info at all except they are designing it now and should be done shortly. I will update yall as I get info.

Yes I am interested. I have front and rear Russells but am thinking of trying Seat Concepts so that I can reach the ground easier.

I might be interested in front and rear. I just recovered my FZ09 seat with one of theirs and it was surprisingly easy.

I need a seat and just needing to decide if to wait for a Laam or give this a shot.

He contacted me a few times about setting up the group buy and said he would contact me when the molds were made and I havent heard back. I will contact him on the progress.

I need a seat and just needing to decide if to wait for a Laam or give this a shot.
Considering the group buy at the beginning of the year:

1-5 seats 15% off

6-10 seats 20% off

11+ 30% off

reached over two dozen people I don't see a problem with this one not reaching the eleven person mark to get 30% off. Full retail on a front and rear foam and cover set from Seat Concepts is only $305 to begin with, a 30% discount brings it down to $214 for the pair. Add $65 for round trip shipping and install and your at $279 all in. A front and rear from Laam, dual with vinyl, is $489 plus at least $40 for round trip shipping and your at $529 all in. That's a 47% price increase for the Laam over a Seat Concepts, apples to apples, shipping your pans to them for install and your completed seats being returned. I had the front and rear from Seat Concepts on my Super Tenere and they were nice. You nac count me in on this group buy for a front and rear foam and cover set installed.

I hate that I can't edit that post, I typed that wrong regarding the price difference. The Seat Concepts price is 47% below the Laam price, 47% off a Lamm would be $279 all in, but a Laam is a 90% price increase over this group buy opportunity price from Seat Concepts.

I missed the original group buy. Like several others here, I'm interested if I can get both front and rear. I'd due exactly what brazos609 states... front and rear and send the pans in for installation by Seat Concepts.

s.ga.rider, can you comment on the ability to arrange the group buy to also include the front seat again as an option?

Seat Concepts didn't do the work when I got mine. They send a kit, you strip off the Yamaha vinyl and foam, and staple on the Seat Concepts vinyl and foam. Easy peasy and your ass feels GREAT.

I was told yesterday that you could get just a rear(like for those that got fronts last time) or a front and rear set just like last time you could get just a front or a front and rear set. For my Super Tenere I removed the covers and foam and set them aside and sent my pans to Seat Concepts for the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.