Seat Fix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues
Reaction score
I ran a search but didnt come across anything helpful. My front seat is starting to separate at the seam under my left thigh...the bike doesnt live in a garage, just a carport but i am surprised its tearing already....i can use black cloth duct tape but has anyone tried repairing vinyl? i plan to replace the seat next year with a corbin one piece for me and yoko, but money is tight and its got to wait. Any suggestions related to this conundrum would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby

Praise Be to the Forumites lest ye be cast down with ye lowly chicken strippers !!! :clapping: ...sorry...the problem will soon be rectified due to a fantastic fellow forumite here in tx who has the aforementioned seat and responded to my plea. I will soon have a cheap couple of seat pans for sale for those folks who are sending theirs in to Russel, Mayer et al and will post them up in a few weeks.

FWIW, I have similar seamage problem with my Rocky Mayer seat, rhs. I drag kevlar motoport over it daily and the kevlar takes a toll...

Just like to post a public thank you to txvoyager for selling me his corbin canyon for way cheap. This forum shines once again ! I did stop by a couple upholstery shops, but here in SA it was tucknroll or nada....i didnt want my seat to match my old butt ugly Kustom Amplifier....blue sparkle monster from the seventies...thankfully in germanium heaven by now.

Anyway its all good now...to the hills then !

Bobby