Seen on the road, ATTGAT from the waist up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
Armored jacket, gloves, full-face lid, then shorts and hiking boots!

IMAG0156.jpg

Arms are worth more than legs, I guess.

ran out of money when he got to the pants? :dntknw:

Maybe he had the cycleport pants and had a seem blow out at the race track??? ;)

"Stupid is as stupid does...."

Reminds me of the little shifter-peg bootie-covers I saw at the checkout counter at Cycle Gear this week. You slip one on your shifter peg so you don't get your fashionable white designer skateboard shoes dirty. No need wearing boots so your feet are protected in the event of an "incident".

"Stupid is as stupid does...."
Reminds me of the little shifter-peg bootie-covers I saw at the checkout counter at Cycle Gear this week. You slip one on your shifter peg so you don't get your fashionable white designer skateboard shoes dirty. No need wearing boots so your feet are protected in the event of an "incident".
Ooooh! Do they have padded ones that will be comfortable when shifting in Flip-flops? :p

Those shifter covers might be useful to some of us.... especially those who ride to work and wear brown shoes - or those of us who choose hiking boots and don't really care to have a big black mark on the top of our left foot.

You can be ATTGATT and still find those useful.

Just sayin.

Oh, and the rider in the picture is a doofus.

Those shifter covers might be useful to some of us.... especially those who ride to work and wear brown shoes - or those of us who choose hiking boots and don't really care to have a big black mark on the top of our left foot. You can be ATTGATT and still find those useful.
You're correct. I just found it amusing the picture on the product package was of a white skateboard shoe and they appear to be marketing it to sport-bike riders.

I only saw the pic online, which just shows the booties. :wacko:

I actually made one of these out of a Burt's Bees lip balm neoprene "cover" that my wife had. She was not amused, and it looked goofy as hell, but it kept my shoes clean dammit! :thumbsupsmiley:

.... especially those who ride to work and wear brown shoes

Um.....tmc. Just In Case you're serious about this (I can't tell), don't do it. I've seen the results of this in a crash - where no other body part was injured. Not pretty.

Just sayin'

ME

Um.....tmc. Just In Case you're serious about this (I can't tell), don't do it. I've seen the results of this in a crash - where no other body part was injured. Not pretty.

Just sayin'

ME
No wearing brown shoes? Or being a doofus? :huh: :p

i don't know how people ride without full gear.

a few months ago i got on my Wee to run to the grocery store. felt lazy and wanted to just get the errand done, so i headed out in jeans and the rest of my gear.

I got to the end of the driveway and turned around to get my mesh pants . . . . it just feels NAKED without them.

and a loaf of bread ain't worth my skin . . . . :glare:

Just sayin'

ME
No brown shoes with a blue suit .....

BOTH! ya doofus :D

Just sayin'

ME
No brown shoes with a blue suit .....

BOTH! ya doofus :D
So wait, can I wear a blue shirt, khaki pants, brown belt, and brown shoes?

My fashion sense sucks, so any help is appreciated! :yahoo:

PS: I already know I'm a doofus, there is no cure. ;)

Make it a pale blue and you're good to GO! :D

btw - your fashion sense can't be TOO bad if you can spell khaki correctly. (AND you know it's a colour! ;) )

Come on, I see worse every day on HW 30. There seems to be a lot of folks (usually young guys) that think it fine to wear their racing leather jacket on their sports bike together with shorts and bare feet in flip-flops on the way to or back from the beaches on Sauvie Island. Those are the guys that don't get waved back since the only response I feel reasonable to give would be the single finger...

Make it a pale blue and you're good to GO! :D

btw - your fashion sense can't be TOO bad if you can spell khaki correctly. (AND you know it's a colour! ;) )
Your tarot cards are working well today. I AM wearing pale blue!

PS: it's color. Silly Canadians... HAH! :p

Come on, I see worse every day on HW 30. There seems to be a lot of folks (usually young guys) that think it fine to wear their racing leather jacket on their sports bike together with shorts and bare feet in flip-flops on the way to or back from the beaches on Sauvie Island. Those are the guys that don't get waved back since the only response I feel reasonable to give would be the single finger...
Me thinks it is because the pain from road rash from the waist down takes longer to register in the brain than pain from the upper extremities (like maybe .1 milisecond--DUH). So why bother with covering the lower body. :blink: .

doctorj

So why bother with covering the lower body. :blink: .
doctorj
I know that's a rhetorical question but I can't help myself.....

Compound fractures of the long bones notwithstanding..... 2 words: necrotizing fasciitis (aka 'flesh-eating disease'). To name one potentially catastrophic potential ill effect.

So why bother with covering the lower body. :blink: .
doctorj
I know that's a rhetorical question but I can't help myself.....

Compound fractures of the long bones notwithstanding..... 2 words: necrotizing fasciitis (aka 'flesh-eating disease'). To name one potentially catastrophic potential ill effect.
Yes, I know. I was being facetious. I wish all riders wore protective gear, but most choose not to. It is hot and humid here on the east coast of NC, and I am getting tired of answering questions about why I wear gear. Most riders don't understand and non riders don't have a clue. I even wonder if most people know why seatbelts and airbags are in cars. :angry2: . Oh well.

doctorj