Seen the dark at the end of the tunnel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone through some phases myself. Always had boats and four-wheeled drives. After growing up fishing in the Pacific Northwest, it just never was the same here in SoCal. Enjoyed fishing the ocean for a few years but when the kids came along I backed off and spent my time with them. By the time they were old enough to go, they were so involved with soccer that it just never happened.

By then my Motorcycling was a perfect sport. I could be gone for an hour, or a week! Didn't need to spend all day getting ready or another day breaking it all back down again after!

Living on the outskirts of Los Angeles, though, I can't say that I'd ever use a bike for commuting. Definitely take all the fun out of it!

If it was me, I'd a plan a trip to ride somewhere and paint! :yahoo:

Han's just grow a set dude..........

R
There you go!

Lots of feel-good, touchy-feely, mamby-pamby responses from the masses wearing dresses, and direct, succinct, and poignant real-world advice from Fairlaner and SkooterG.

R
There you go!

Lots of feel-good, touchy-feely, mamby-pamby responses from the masses wearing dresses, and direct, succinct, and poignant real-world advice from Fairlaner and SkooterG.
So Skooty, when did you become an Englishman? Rotten Pommie Bastards!

R
There you go!

Eat a cok Sandy!! It's a tutu and it's all the rage in the upper midwest ya clueless dickface. Just like the European satchel thing.

Damned "dry heat' has fuked yer brain like Dons

:finger:

Man, talk about a split personality... :lol:

I think we all at some point "lose" the mojo.. I suspect a number of factors contribute and conspire against us at the "wrong" time.

Prior to owning this bike 20- 30K a year was my norm. However something about this bike has caused that to drop considerably.

I dunno maybe FJR is bad juju fer me as I've had one heart attack, two bone brakes, and 5 herniated disks since I bought the darn thing.

I'm beginning to think the combination of those three letters aren't a good thing for me. :huh: I put on more miles this year on this bike than any of the past 4 thanks to nothing falling apart on me for a change.

I think we all go through this Hans, but it believe when it happens and where we are in life factors in whether we continue riding or not.

Best of luck either way you go Hans. Ya know your not getting outa this place regardless. ;)
Eat a cok Sandy!! It's a tutu and it's all the rage in the upper midwest ya clueless dickface. Just like the European satchel thing.

P.S. I say put the bike on the charger for a bit and spend more time on other things, see where your heart/mind/spirit goes with it... as others have said, you may just need to put it aside for awhile to find out if it's a temporary or permanent loss of bike mojo. But whatever direction you go, do what makes all of those things happy. B)

Hans..... damnit man! Do what you want, not what you think others might want. However, we still have to do that BITS ride to celebrate still being here at some point. As I mentioned to you about commuting in an earlier thread, cage it to work and do like I do, only ride for pleasure when YOU want. If you would rather paint, drink, sleep, scratch the boys etc... then do it, invest in a battery tender and wait till spring has sprung and we'll do our ride. After that, if you don't feel the need to straddle the beast anymore, you can sell it to me for a back up! :p

Hmmm

The smartest man Han knows, and he still hasn't axed my advise.. :(

..and it's been HOURS now!

Hans, enlightenment often is best presented in clues.

Here is your first clue -

12.jpg

Man, talk about a split personality... :lol:

I think we all at some point "lose" the mojo.. I suspect a number of factors contribute and conspire against us at the "wrong" time.

Prior to owning this bike 20- 30K a year was my norm. However something about this bike has caused that to drop considerably.

I dunno maybe FJR is bad juju fer me as I've had one heart attack, two bone brakes, and 5 herniated disks since I bought the darn thing.

I'm beginning to think the combination of those three letters aren't a good thing for me. :huh: I put on more miles this year on this bike than any of the past 4 thanks to nothing falling apart on me for a change.

I think we all go through this Hans, but it believe when it happens and where we are in life factors in whether we continue riding or not.

Best of luck either way you go Hans. Ya know your not getting outa this place regardless. ;)

P.S. I say put the bike on the charger for a bit and spend more time on other things, see where your heart/mind/spirit goes with it... as others have said, you may just need to put it aside for awhile to find out if it's a temporary or permanent loss of bike mojo. But whatever direction you go, do what makes all of those things happy. B)
Oh my!!!! The media here has edited me so I appear political :lol: I'm suspending my campaign at this point... ;)

Hans, if you want to really lose your mojo, try working in the moto industry.

Seriously...

Stop commuting for a while, that would burn out anyone, especially with the crazy lane-splitting you CA guys do. I had sore forearms the week I did this, from gripping the dam handlebars way to tight.

Or rather than parking your ride, park it for commuting and get yourself a little supermoto for canyon carving. More fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. Or try dirt bike riding, which will initially cause you to think you forgot everything you thought you knew on how to ride a bike, and make you desire to find fresh single track to explore.

Basically, get yourself out of your current repetitive m/c rut.

Holy cow! What a bunch of great advice! And here I thought the forum was just a bunch of hairy-armed, mono-syllabled, scrotum-scratching, iconoclastic, guano-gathering, sycophantic, Carpathian bashi-bazouks. :p But I guess I was wrong.

:no: :rolleyes:

Hans just grow a set dude..........

R
Quit yer bitching and just ride through it!
Would it help if I put it into a picture how I felt? Then maybe you wouldn't be so callous. Here's how I feel inside:

tumblr_ljez31b6uo1qditd8o1_500.jpg

Oops. Hang on a minute. Sorry, wrong one.... Let's try this:

220px-The_Scream.jpg

But no seriously--thank you for the friendship and wisdom expressed here. My key take-aways--apart from being reminded that I got friends I ain’t even met yet :clapping: --are to get out of the rut by hanging up the keys on the commute for awhile. Frankly, I've been looking forward to the rain, 'cause this year I'd decided I'm not gonna commute in the rain anymore. Another key take-away is don’t go and do anything drastic right away like selling the bike; chill.

And maybe we'll do a 3B's ride.... :)

Don, Yes! Please share your wisdom, O Wise One! I’m asking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hans, as a good friend, may I recommend hormone therapy.

I think you may have Low T.

Seriously, Hans, only if you are truly intellectually intrigued.
Well if he isn't intrigued, the rest of us are.

Please share your wisdom O wise One of the land of Creston.

JB the collective wisdom seem right on track. Fill it with stabil ,cover it up and give it a break. When the stars align again you will know and the scooter will be waiting.

Pack up your artist materials on the bike and ride to a destination to paint. Wuzzat whut ewe wuz gonna say, DC?? :D

JB, the collective is right on...park the puppy, chillax,... you're a rent-a-sauce man, jest rent some different sauce for a spell.

life IS good !!!

Bobby

Pack up your artist materials on the bike and ride to a destination to paint. Wuzzat whut ewe wuz gonna say, DC?? :D
Dear Brother Ray and Miss Tyler: We would truly like to believe that Carver has the definitive answer and solution for Hans Baby.

However, knowing our Donnie Boy like we do, he has probably already forgotten the freaking question! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Man!! what a bunch of wussies!!

you guys want to see a commuting thread watch this!!

HCMC commuting!!

actually JB, bike commuting on our major cities busy highways sucks, I hate it. Too many A-holes that basically deserved to be shot.

Hans, you are certainly our good friend no matter what you decide to do: You have to be comfortable in your own skin! I just don't know what to say one way or the other, I am 63 and started street motorcycle riding when I was 15; I have never known living my life other than being a Motorcyclist! My only fear in this world is the day I physically cannot ride a moto. Peace Be With You, Brother!
Gunny! Except I'm a lot younger than this old fart. :D Never thought I'd agree with Papa Chuy!
Hans - You've had some events recently in your life that has you pondering life's priorities. If you feel the mojo is lost, or the Jones, or your groove is gone, or that thang is no longer there, or.... Never mind, I went away for a while, now I'm back.

If you no longer feel comfortable or enjoy riding, that is something you need to decide on what to do. Painting and spending time with family are definitely huge +++, that you won't regret. What ever you choose we'll respect and hope you just paint motorcycles or at least scenery that has motorcycles riding thru. :)