Seller's remorse = 2016 FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your new toy and welcome back to the madness! (In March no less)
You sir may be the first on the forum to actually take delivery of a 2016. Will the weather up in Idaho allow you to ride it now?
btw, if the weather's not right for riding up there yet, feel free to come down this way and park it in my drive way for a couple of months. I'll take good care of it for you. Parking fees waived for new FJR's of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new toy and welcome back to the madness! (In March no less)
You sir may be the first on the forum to actually take delivery of a 2016. Will the weather up in Idaho allow you to ride it now?
Spring has sprung in Western Idaho, but we've had a fair amount of rain lately. Can't wait to pick it up after work on Tuesday. They had an ES ready to go on the showroom floor, but even if I had wanted that one, it has been raining pretty hard all morning here.

Congrats on your new ride. Be sure to double check all your bolts after delivery. Some egghead at my dealership left all 4 bolts on my front fender loose and I didn't discover it until I saw one missing. You assume they will do everything properly but best to verify yourself.

FWIW, I really do like the black of the '08's as well. But the new Cobalt is nice too.

Congrats on an awesome bike; we've had an unusually warm spring here in NE Wyoming, so I just got home from a nice ride on my 2015 ES. It hit 70 degrees here in northeast Wyoming today!

Congrats! Never got to see mine in a crate, but I was the first to ride her as I drove the odometer off of "0". As for weather, it has been altogether too damn wet here in Western WA. Record rainfall, and no end in sight. I look forward to 65 degree days and dry roads.

Bellerophon, End of last summer I picked up a used (4300 miles) 2014 ES from your neck of the woods. (Caldwell). Now I wish I had waited for a 2016. Enjoy and let us know what you think of the 6 speed.
I bet you cannot wait for the dealer to get that bike out of that cell? That is a an interesting shipping container. I wonder if they ship them back to Japan. After you have taken possession of the bike let us know how much taller the 6th gear is over the 2008's 5th gear. Do you still have snow on the ground in Meridian? Enjoy the new ride!!

Congrats on your new ride. Be sure to double check all your bolts after delivery. Some egghead at my dealership left all 4 bolts on my front fender loose and I didn't discover it until I saw one missing. You assume they will do everything properly but best to verify yourself. FWIW, I really do like the black of the '08's as well. But the new Cobalt is nice too.

Congrats to you.
Don't be to excited and forget to check those tiny little side case lock assembly screws.
Thanks guys I will check fasteners for tightness. Thanks for the reminder about the side case screws. I remember putting some threadlocker on the ones on my '08.

Bellerophon, End of last summer I picked up a used (4300 miles) 2014 ES from your neck of the woods. (Caldwell). Now I wish I had waited for a 2016. Enjoy and let us know what you think of the 6 speed.
I bet you cannot wait for the dealer to get that bike out of that cell? That is a an interesting shipping container. I wonder if they ship them back to Japan. After you have taken possession of the bike let us know how much taller the 6th gear is over the 2008's 5th gear. Do you still have snow on the ground in Meridian? Enjoy the new ride!!
Will do Art, I remember shifting in to that phantom 6th gear on my '08. No snow in Boise, in fact we've been in the 60s.

Bellerophon,

End of last summer I picked up a used (4300 miles) 2014 ES from your neck of the woods. (Caldwell). Now I wish I had waited for a 2016. Enjoy and let us know what you think of the 6 speed.
Will do Art, I remember shifting in to that phantom 6th gear on my '08. No snow in Boise, in fact we've been in the 60s.
From Meridian/Boise you have some great highways and scenery to enjoy. Over the years I have plied much of Idaho in car, motorcycle and even on horseback. It's great from all modes!!

I only had time for a 30 mile ride this evening. I picked it up with .03 miles, and did a short 30 mile loop. The transmission is butter smooth. My '08 was an AE, so it's difficult for me to compare directly. I can say that it's the smoothest Yamaha transmission I've ever experienced. In 6th @ 65mph the rev counter was at 3100, then at 75mph it showed 3600.

Here was the delivery photo with Tim, Snake River Yamaha sales manager.

IMG_0897_zpsrulduchm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: