Seller's remorse = 2016 FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had time for a 30 mile ride this evening. I picked it up with .03 miles, and did a short 30 mile loop. The transmission is butter smooth. My '08 was an AE, so it's difficult for me to compare directly. I can say that it's the smoothest Yamaha transmission I've ever experienced. In 6th @ 65mph the rev counter was at 3100, then at 75mph it showed 3600.

Here was the delivery photo with Tim, Snake River Yamaha sales manager.

IMG_0897_zpsrulduchm.jpg

Many thanks for posting the 6th gear data. If you have a gps you will get an accurate reading on the ratios. Looks like Yamaha stacked up the 6th gear about 5mph over the prior Genlll. That bike looks super torque nero garth!! Glad to see they matched the side panels to the rest of the paint and put a black tank trim on as well. Enjoy the rides!

Last edited by a moderator:
That 16 is sure a beauty. I love the blue. Enjoy the 16 for a long time, make the girl work for her keep and keep it all cool.

The blue looks darker in those pics - I like it much better! Borah High School class of 82 here by the way......

Looks like Yamaha stacked up the 6th gear about 5mph over the prior Genlll. ...
[Nearly Friday]

Please tell me what you mean by this? Or, give a speed or an RPM figure where it is 5 mph difference.

As far as I am concerned,

2000 rpm old 37.7 new 41.4 difference 3.7

3000 rpm old 62.1 new 56.5 difference 5.6

4000 rpm old 75.4 new 82.9 difference 7.5

[/Nearly Friday
rolleyes.gif
]

Man, that's a sharp looking bike. Congratulations on taking delivery.

If I picked up a '16 for some odd reason...when the 1st tire change was due, I'd get the wheels powdercoated silver to match the forks/engine/swingarm. Those parts being silver and having black wheels just looks odd to me. But then again, I'm just not a fan of black wheels. That's just my humble opinion, of course.
thumbsup.gif

[Nearly Friday]

Please tell me what you mean by this? Or, give a speed or an RPM figure where it is 5 mph difference.

Please check your 3000 rpm numbers. He reported 65 mph at 3100 rpm (in 6th gear). It would be better to have someone check the new ratios against a GPS reading. At this point, I think I gained close to the same ratios with the final drive modification and up sizing to 190/55 rear tire. I suppose this is now putting some of the members to sleep!

Man of man I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink until I was able to throw my leg over it and put miles on the odometer. Congrats and look forward to hearing about the 16.

[Nearly Friday]

Please check your 3000 rpm numbers. He reported 65 mph at 3100 rpm (in 6th gear). It would be better to have someone check the new ratios against a GPS reading. At this point, I think I gained close to the same ratios with the final drive modification and up sizing to 190/55 rear tire. I suppose this is now putting some of the members to sleep!
I'll check with GPS when I get the chance.

[Nearly Friday]

The point I was trying to make was not the actual numbers (though I stand by mine), but that in the post I quoted, "... stacked up the 6th gear about 5mph over the prior ..." means nothing without reference to where in the speed range you are. My normal cruise on a slab is at the UK posted limit of 70 (obviously no more), his might be at 55 or 85.

How do I know where his 5 mph lies?

Also, please give us the rpm readings as you go up in 5th gear up to FJR terminal speed.

All for science of course.

Okay...I was kidding. Just ride the damn thing...I like the black rims on that Blue. The sharpest FJR color as far as I'm concerned.

I only had time for a 30 mile ride this evening. I picked it up with .03 miles, and did a short 30 mile loop. The transmission is butter smooth. My '08 was an AE, so it's difficult for me to compare directly. I can say that it's the smoothest Yamaha transmission I've ever experienced. In 6th @ 65mph the rev counter was at 3100, then at 75mph it showed 3600.

Here was the delivery photo with Tim, Snake River Yamaha sales manager.

IMG_0897_zpsrulduchm.jpg
Congrats!! I am very jealous over the '16 and the beautiful area you get to ride in!! :)

I'm with KyCherry - the '16 does look darker in that picture than the '06. I haven't actually seen a '12 in person.

The 16 is the same color as the 06 &12. If the sun was shining...it would look totally different.

Last edited by a moderator: