SEO 2022 Vulture and Snake Attack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn buzzards. I hate them. For years I would just duck down and have lots of near misses, till a few years ago one flew up from a ditch as I was in a sweeper running about 85 or so and we collided. I never saw him till he hit. It looked like a feather bomb and since my windshield wasn't broken, I thought I was good. When I stopped and took a closer look, the front faring was broken and my windshield motor assembly was ruined. About $700 worth of damage in parts, and I did my own labor.
Now I slow down for them.

This is nuts, man. I hit a vulture several years ago that flew up from the side just like that but didn't break anything. But having it throw a snake? I don't like snakes. I ran over a snake once with my wife on the back and all I could think about was if I threw it up onto me. If she saw it she might have jumped off.

We are riding across KY and up Ohio starting tomorrow and the weekend. Yes, we might get wet, but at least there are no flying snakes in the forecast.

So on the first day of our trip this week we saw a vulture in the middle of the road. I joke to Tam that it’s probably got a snake and sure enough it had a snake. It didn’t throw it at us, thankfully

Wow!! I also hate snakes. we were in the Ozarks a few weeks ago on our way home from Colorado. hadn’t seen a car or other vehicle in over 10 minutes of riding. rounded a curve and the turkey buzzard was on the opposite side of the road, it fly up and a dump truck was coming in the opposite lane. it almost came into my helmet. I ducked and veered a little to my outside, couldn’t go the other way!!! they are big birds.

Latest posts