SEO 6/29/16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bockelrider

Reaction score
We had a great ride but I went down 1/2 mile from home. I am sad to report that bike bike was totaled.

Oh darn that means I get to look for a newer one! I was thinking about a 2014 ES. Any thoughts out there?

Thats a really crappy way to get a new bike, but when the planets align....

Ya, 2014 or newer (I have a 13, but the cruise limited to 80mph is reason alone to go newer). I'd stay away from the ES as the suspension will be very spendy to freshen up. With no alternatives. Personally, if you can find a deal, their are enough changes to the 16 model to warrant serious consideration.

Thats a really crappy way to get a new bike, but when the planets align....
Ya, 2014 or newer (I have a 13, but the cruise limited to 80mph is reason alone to go newer). I'd stay away from the ES as the suspension will be very spendy to freshen up. With no alternatives. Personally, if you can find a deal, their are enough changes to the 16 model to warrant serious consideration.
Thank you! good thoughts. I have not looked at the newer ones so this info is what I am looking for.

I was thinking about a new one and got the look form the wife. And yes to all of you I am whipped and still married!

The healing and other stuff with the claim will put me into late fall before I can buy one. Maybe something will come up this winter.

I think we can go for a 14 as you said if I can find a deal.

I really like my 14 A model. Best color too
smile.png
. There are deals on leftover 14s on cycletrader.

I bought a 15A. Love it. So much more refined than my 06, the last FJR I had. Cycle Trader was my friend when searching for the best price.

I'm sorry to hear about the horrible ending to your ride. I have to admit, this ride report kind of sucks.

But hopefully a new horse will be in the stable soon, and the happy ending is all that matters.

P.S. -everyone knows that the red ones are the fastest........

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a great ride but I went down 1/2 mile from home. I am sad to report that bike bike was totaled.Oh darn that means I get to look for a newer one! I was thinking about a 2014 ES. Any thoughts out there?
It's a sad day when you give up the best Galaxy Blue motorcycle in existence. condolences.