SFO 2014 - May 29th thru June 1st at The Hub

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" Yammie dealer f'ed up and put a Pilot Power on at the last tire change instead so the PR3."

Ha... That's funny...

As you may recall, I left SFO Last year with a hole in my rear tire. Long story short, I couldn't get it patched because of the angle of the hole. Anyway, my guy f'ed up as well and put on a Pilot Power....Go figure???? still in good shape so we'll see how it works in the Ozarks. Good chance I'll be riding home on threads.

Man, this thread is deader than a mackerel. Where are the old dedicated SFO riders. Going to another meet somewhere else?

GP

GP - Everyone must be waiting to see if this Winter is ever gonna end!
fool.gif
At this rate we certainly won't worry about the heat at the end of May!

By my count we currently have 8 that are planning on being there. The list is as follows:

FJRBandit

LAW2Wheeler

GPRider

Winewhisperer

Pegsparks

FJRMGM

Craigsregs

Sevens0n

Allen C realized he couldn't make it. Haven't heard anything from Jimbert. Petey and Abercrombie bailed due tot he conflicting dates with the SWFOG. Old Pilot is still on the fence - has some health issues holding him back right now, so let's all wish him the best and a speedy recovery. Of course Patriot announced last year he wouldn't be able to make it - but there's always hope. Not sure where Mississippi is this year and there are a few other SFO regulars that have vamoosed as well. I think Texas must have seceded from the Union or something - GP is the only Texan that I am aware of that has thrown his hat in. Where the hell are the rest of you hooligans?

If you have signed up and I failed to list you here please post up and let us know. And for those of you that are still on the fence make up your mind to come on and join us, especially if you have never ridden in the Ozarks. Either way, we'll have a blast! Only seven weeks away now!
punk.gif

What Turk said! I sent Rockbill down in Houston a message, but haven't heard back from him. Long trek for him, but hope he makes it.

GP

I know you guys are wanting more people, but some of the best FJR gatherings I've been to have had about 8 people. You guys are gonna have a riot on those roads!

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree Wheetie! We're gonna have a blast whether there are 8 or 80! The Ozarks are really my favorite place to ride and these SFO diehards are a great bunch of guys! Bring on the end of May....

I actually enjoy the smaller meets we have had. Gives me more time to visit with everybody. When there are a lot it spreads the time pretty thin and some people I never get around to.

GP

Even more pumped to ride the Ozarks... I've scheduled an appointment with Traxxion Dynamics the day prior to SFO for a full suspension upgrade!

Definitely want to, still kicking it around, work is hell (always seems to be these days though) I've never ridden the Ozarks though and want to see what I'm missing. Would be coming from SW Bama. Should know for sure in a week or so.

A day early. Why not. Maybe that's what I should do. I should take the whole week off. Sounds like a plan.

GP

Getting fired up for SFO! FJR is all good to go! Did a little 250 mile shake down run last Sunday, Now I've really got the "Bug" for some serious riding. I Have off work the whole week before, so I may be in the area a day early.

My tire wear is going to be out of sync for this trip. Don't want to have to worry about riding home on slicks, so I think I'll try to find somewhere in Arkansas to get a new set of skins put on either Wednesday or Thursday then head to the Hub Thursday afternoon sometime.

Since Turk helped us out with the leg work at the Hub, I thought I would pitch in and provide the group with the proper SFO name tags. I already have the silver duct tape, now just have to pick up a couple of blue sharpies.

Reserved a room with Debbie for Thurs, Fri, Sat. I Should be set....Can't Wait !

Cheers

Brian

Good stuff Brian. There is probably some place you can get some tires. Isn't there a Yamaha dealership in Rodgers? Something Powersports? Can't remember. I might decide to come early too. I just looked for your cell # and don't think I have it. Message it to me so we can stay in touch via text.

GP

Awesome Brian! Glad to hear that somebody remembered the name tags. If you can, get the glow in the dark duct tape. It'd be nice if it compensates for double vision as well.

I'm contemplating an early arrival as well. Will have to get with the "gang" that's heading out of B'ham and see if that's in the cards for them...
ermm.gif

Down to three weeks ---
bike.gif
punk.gif

Getting fired up for SFO! FJR is all good to go! Did a little 250 mile shake down run last Sunday, Now I've really got the "Bug" for some serious riding. I Have off work the whole week before, so I may be in the area a day early.

My tire wear is going to be out of sync for this trip. Don't want to have to worry about riding home on slicks, so I think I'll try to find somewhere in Arkansas to get a new set of skins put on either Wednesday or Thursday then head to the Hub Thursday afternoon sometime.

Brian
Hey Brian, check out Yamaha of Harrison at (870) 741-3131 for tires and other needs. They are about 15 miles north of Jasper and The Hub straight up HW 7 to HW 65 on the north end of Harrison just before you go out of town.

They are my local shop and really a good group to work with. If you give them a call now they can make sure they have what tires you need when you get there. I was just in there the other day and let them know we were going to have a small rally down at The Hub.

For those of you coming in early, Harrison Ark is very motorcycle friendly and a great place to stay with a surprising number of reasonable motels at a good price and its a good central location to ride out of. If you do come in early, let me know and I will take you on some local routes for fun.