SFO 2014 - The Redux, September 25th-28th at The HUB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do!

I have been to bb&q many times so iffin yall need some input we can chat Thursday evening as I will try to join you kiddies for dinner.

We'll miss ya brother. See ya next year! Same bat time, same bat channel.

Pegsparks and I are in Memphis tonight. Had a glorious ride up this afternoon. Had a great steak salad at Outback in Tupelo, then slabbed up I-22 to Germantown, just outside of Memphis. We met a buddy of mine who lives in the area. Drank our wheaties at the Flying Saucer getting ready for the ride tomorrow! Tried convincing Stu, my buddy, that he needs an FJR and he needs to join us at SFO. He was luke warm to the idea, but I have a plan.. devious mind always turning.....

IMG955527%2B%282%29.jpg

We'll meet winewhisperer at 8 am at our designated spot and head towards Batesville to meet up with Cornbread and his buddy. Lunch at Colton's then 14 to The Hub. I'm like a kid in a candy shop tonight and I CFW!

Follow the really cool kids here.... https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=b6625423177ae0e73&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=24&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10&showWeather=no&units=F

See you guys tomorrow evening!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it work, Barely! Really nice meeting you guys today. I hope we can get together for a proper romp throu the Ozarks! I have Been wanting to go to jasper and ride 7 down to Hot Springs. But First I need to get a RH Mirror lol.

Talk later! I gotta get back to work..

SFO - The Redux is in the books. History was made this weekend as we had the first SFO in six years that saw zero rain. It was a blast seeing the gang again, and we had a few additions this time. Confederado from Biloxi, MS showed up on his '03, LA2Wheeler came in on his special edition R1 and brought a couple guys, who were both also on their one liter rockets. Winewhisperer left his sporty FJR at home this time and showed off on his new BMW S1000R. Cornbread, GPRider and myself rounded out the crew at The Hub, all of us on our FJR's. Glory Racing and his wife joined us on his VFR on Saturday and led a very spirited ride to the Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville.

He's a picture of the full gang before our ride to Fayetteville Saturday morning.

P1020468.JPG

My camera took the day off on Friday so I don't have any pictures from our first riding day, but it was somewhat muted by GPRider's spill in a tight right hand twisty. After Arkansas's finest came to the scene and did what he had to do, we put GPRider's mangled steed on a flatbed and put GPRider in the back of the meatwagon. I am glad to report he only sustained a fractured collarbone, which is actually great news considering the tumble he took. It could have been much worse. Cornbread followed the meatwagon to Russleville to make sure GPRider was going to be ok. The rest of us carried on and made it to the Oark Cafe for a pulled pork sandwich and piece of pie. No photos as my camera took a dump Friday, damnit!

Cornbread's wife came over from Villonia, AR and picked up GPRider at the hospital to bring him back to The Hub so he wouldn't have to ride pillion with Cornbread. She is a sweet girl, not sure how Cornbread tricked her...
smile.png

Then we had the mounting ceremony at the Wall of Shame.

P1020453.JPG

But it was a beautiful night in the Ozarks.

P1020446.JPG

P1020454.JPG

We awoke Saturday morning to another beautiful day.

P1020455.JPG

P1020459.JPG

P1020462.JPG

Corbread's wife stayed the night and joined us for breakfast before taking GPRider to Little Rock so he could get a rental car to head back to Dallas.

Breakfast at The Hub before they headed out.

P1020463.JPG

Lies being told during a smoke break on the way to the Blues and BBQ.

P1020471.JPG

The gang making their way to Dickson St., the heart of the madness.

P1020478.JPG

P1020475.JPG

P1020504.JPG

Dickson St. Fayetteville, AR, hometown of the University of Arkansas.

P1020488.JPG

P1020490.JPG

P1020502.JPG

P1020500.JPG

Pulled pork sandwiches for us all!

P1020501.JPG

Potty break on the way back to The Hub.

P1020508.JPG

Actually, this was a pretty cool little place.

P1020505.JPG

P1020511.JPG

P1020517.JPG

P1020514.JPG

Then back to The Hub for another beautiful night by the campfire!

P1020449.JPG

Then, it was time to say goodbye and bring this latest edition of SFO to a close. I had a early start today and struck out at 7 a.m.

P1020521.JPG

P1020523.JPG

P1020526.JPG

The Grey Ghost had a birthday on the way home today.

P1020528.JPG

Then, on through the rice and cotton fields of Eastern Arkansas.

P1020531.JPG

P1020549.JPG

Had a little miscalculation with the GPS - well, truth is, the GPS lied and told me there was a gas station, where there wasn't! After sweating bullets in the middle of nowhere Mississippi, I finallly located a gas station, but not before setting a new personal record for the reserve tank.

P1020550.JPG

I got home around 4 p.m. and set another record, ZERO rain on the entire SFO trip - not even a drop in Alabama after just yesterday the prognosticators were forecasting 2+ inches in Birmingham today.

Another fantastic trip with a group of great guys! Can't wait 'till we do it again next year. Just as soon as EOM and CFO announce their dates for 2015 we'll be posting our date for SFO 2015.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=b6625423177ae0e73

I would be remissed if I didn't give props to Debbie and Randall at The Hub, who again simply took great care of us. They've taken a run down hotel that sat idle for 20+ years and was in very bad disrepair and have really made something with it. Although there is still work to do they continue to grow and reinvest in the property. For those that have never been to The Hub I encourage you to make it a point to head up there and let Debbie and Randall treat you to a wonderful time in the Ozarks. Why not make it SFO 2015!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos, Turk, thanks for the report. Again, sorry to have missed it! Who knew the sun could shine in Arkansas?

GPRIder, sorry to hear about the get-off, and hope you're healing well.

Nice pics. Hope everyone made it home safe.
GP
Sorry to here about your misadventure.

Collar bones are overrated anyway.

I remember riding the pig trail in the fog with you back at '09 SFO when it rained all weekend.

I've relocated out west since then. If you are ever out around southern Utah give me a call.

John

Yes I agree about the collar bone. I've been riding one of my other bikes a little. My doc would probably crap a brick if he knew. Ha.

GP

Stayed at the HUB got the bug. On the first morning waking up in my room my legs were insanely itchy after taking a morning shower. The last day's trip home I thought I would lose my mind scratching so badly riding home in the heat. It didn’t dawn on me what could possibly be the cause until just before I got home, that it could be bed bugs. I stripped all my clothes off outside my home and left my bags outside until I could properly inspect them before bringing them in the house. To be fair to this place I never seen a bed bug, but I never thought to inspect the room for such a bug either at the time I stayed there. I did think one time I felt something on me but fell back to sleep. The bites looked and presented the exact description of bed bug bites and still three weeks later some are still visible and itch occasionally. If it hadn’t been for the bed bugs I would have no complaints. I called Debbie and told about my suspicions and she said they never had such a problem but would inspect the room and call me back if they discovered bed bugs. She asked if I had been in the woods as red bugs are bad there and I told her I hadn’t, as I hadn’t. I never got a call back from her. Did any of ya'll have a simular experiance at this place?

To itch that much/long could be chiggers. I have had them and it definitely sucks!

Unfortunately at times it can happen quite often around these parts. All it takes is to stop on the side of the road and walk a few feet to take a leak and they can get ya.

I wondered where you slipped off to while we were in Fayettville for the Blues and BBQ. You gotta watch out for those loose and fast women man! The crabs ain't no fun!
weirdsmiley.gif
tonguesmiley.gif

On a serious note, I've been to The Hub four times now and not had a problem at all. Also, I've never heard anyone else mention it either.

Personally, I was itching like crazy when I got there from some poison oak I had gotten into the weekend before. I'm still somewhat dealing with that! I wonder if somehow some of that crap got on you?