SFO 2015 - September 17th - 20th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I just got off the phone with Debbie and reserved my room. I will see everyone on Thursday and I will probably hook up with Turk on the way to the Hub.

Fixed it for ya! See ya at the normal meeting spot off Sycamore View around 8ish on Thursday morning.

If there are any others that are headed up through Memphis drop me a PM if you'd like to meet up with us and ride up on Thursday morning. We'll take a fun route through Mountain Home and up AR 14 on the way to The Hub.

This year we want to dedicate our meet to Fred Fraim - known here on the forum as "Oldpilot". Our fellow rider and great friend has been battling for his life over the past year due to a serious illness. But in the spirit of a true adventurer he has been traveling the globe and making the most of life. He's a great guy and I just ask that everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We're pulling for ya Fred!
bye.gif

I'm really thinking of going to SFO this year. It's a day ride from Albuquerque. I may leave Wednesday morning and spend Thursday to Saturday riding around. Sunday will see me hauling ass home.

If money and time looks good, I'll be in. I may even take my sissy brother with me.

Edit: Stupid phone typos...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really thinking of going to SFO this year. It'd a day ride from Albuquerque. I may leave Wednesday morning and spend Thursday to Saturday riding around. Sunday will see me hauling ass home.
If money and time looks good, I'll be in. I may even take my sissy brother with me.
AJ, do it...if you never been to AR you will be pleasantly surprised. Those are my frequent stomping grounds. I'd be there but I'm doing the Rueben thing this year.

I'm really thinking of going to SFO this year. It'd a day ride from Albuquerque. I may leave Wednesday morning and spend Thursday to Saturday riding around. Sunday will see me hauling ass home.
AJ, do it...if you never been to AR you will be pleasantly surprised. Those are my frequent stomping grounds. I'd be there but I'm doing the Rueben thing this year.
+1 Wheatie routed me back last fall on 16 across AR. Really good riding, I need to get there again. Go have some fun AJ.

That'd be awesome AJ, we'd luv to have you join us. Just think, going home on Sunday you gain an hour! Easy peezy!
pioneer.gif

Hell, we don't even mind if you bring your sissy brother.
kiss.gif

Google Maps has this at 841 miles, 12 hours, 51 minutes. I think, even with gas stops, I could beat that time. Looking into it, but that weekend is currently being kept free.

See Hot Rod you have to come now. My like upgraded your post to popular without ever attending a previous SFO, so now you are obligated. The winewhisperer hath spoken.
smile.png

So, as I sit here in my little cube, the weather outside is absolutely ideal, especially taking into account I am in Alabama and it's August 27th and it's only 82 degrees. The only thing getting me through is reading ride reports and knowing that three weeks from today I'll be rolling up AR 14 headed towards The Hub! It's especially exciting for me this year as my wife will be coming with me for the first time since SFO '09. She luvs to ride but for a multitude of personal reasons and other obligations she hasn't been able to make it with me the last five times I've been to SFO. But fortunately she has been able to shuffle her calendar this year and for that reason,among many others, I'm really looking forward to the ride.

Something must be in the water because in an a odd turn of events we have four couples that will be at SFO this year, including newcomer danh600 and his wife, SFO mainstay dsbiker is bringing his wife as well and our local Ozark guide gloryracing and his wife will be in attendance to lead the way on what promises to be a spirited ride on Saturday (hopefully Friday as well??). LA2wheeler and his brothers are expected to make a return appearance and Winewhisperer, GPRIDER, FJRMGM are also scheduled to appear. There has been rumor that HOTRODZILLA will find his way across Texas and join us for his inaugural Ozark experience.

Gonna be some great riding and most of all, some great times!

If you been sitting on the fence now is the time to make your decision and give Debbie a call at The Hub (870) 743-4062 to make your reservations.

Hope to see ya there!

As ya'll may know, the Redfish and I will be heading West during this time, so we'll have to catch this one next Fall. I do have it on good authority that the St-Owners group is having an ArkanSTOC (Arkansas ST Owners) gathering of their own on the same weekend at none other than The Hub. So it should make for some great riding and playful ribbing around the campfire - I'll have to hear about it when I get back.

FWIW - I told the ST group (many of which are my friends) that if they wanted to ride with some Yammies, the FJR peeps would be happy to wait for them at the road changes. No point in floating their valves or anything trying to get those Hippos to keep up. That should get things going nicely. You can thank me later....

Shoot Bandit, now I'm doubly bummed about missing SFO. I'm REALLY curious about what type of wimmen would marry you types.

As ya'll may know, the Redfish and I will be heading West during this time, so we'll have to catch this one next Fall. I do have it on good authority that the St-Owners group is having an ArkanSTOC (Arkansas ST Owners) gathering of their own on the same weekend at none other than The Hub. So it should make for some great riding and playful ribbing around the campfire - I'll have to hear about it when I get back.
FWIW - I told the ST group (many of which are my friends) that if they wanted to ride with some Yammies, the FJR peeps would be happy to wait for them at the road changes. No point in floating their valves or anything trying to get those Hippos to keep up. That should get things going nicely. You can thank me later....
Ok Pants, we'll let the two of you slide this year. But next Fall - the two of you you are IN! And we expect RF to bring some RF for you to grill for the gang one night! You guys have a great time on your ride out West.

We'll try to be somewhat kind to your ST buddies.

Shoot Bandit, now I'm doubly bummed about missing SFO. I'm REALLY curious about what type of wimmen would marry you types.
Knowing this group, your curiosity is well understood.
omg2.gif

I'm bummed I'm not going to be able to make it up your way for CFO. I really was looking forward to having a 10 day ride and linking the two gathering's together. Definitely next year!

BTW - with you not being there Craig who the hell is going to make our sig line logo for us?
rolleyes.gif

IMPORTANT UPDATE ---- I just got off the phone with Debbie. She confirmed that the ST guys are going to invade The Hub the same weekend as well as a group of Goldwingers. So we are going to have Hondapadamus abound. That being said, she is nearing capacity so I went ahead and released all but one room, which I held for AJ. There are still a few rooms available so if any one else is on the fence I highly encourage you to go ahead and call Debbie. She doesn't mind if you have to cancel but please let her know a couple of days in advance if you aren't going to make it.

Debbie also said that the onsite restaurant, Scooters, will be open Thursday evening for dinner serving their full menu, then both Friday and Saturday breakfast and dinner and then on Sunday morning for breakfast.

Also, Cornbread tells me that the Kawasaki Concourse COG group is going to be in Missouri that same weekend. We are going to try to arrange to meet them in Theodosia on US 160 on the shores of Bull Shoals Lake at Cookies - A Great Place to Eat. We'll shoot for Saturday lunch on the Push Mountain / ferry loop ride.

It's September, let the fall riding begin....Woo Hoo! It won't be long now.

The Saturday of the SFO event we have a Twisty Butt 500 ride scheduled. We will be leaving the Hub around 7am. Therefore I will obviously not be available to lead a ride. I will be riding Friday and Sunday as well so we can certainly do some touring then if so desired.

Get them new tires installed cause it will be here before you know it!

Well I don't have a FJR any more, but I got a dirt scooter, something like a KTM 1190R!

Mark said something about a TBA ride, that's all I need to know.....see yall soon!

Scott

Our trip to the Ozarks is still on!! However our reservations are a little off for the SFO. Looks like we are in the Jasper area all week but leaving out on Friday moving further south. We are going to try to tweak the reservations.

So if you guys see a silver FJR with a black Indian Scout following wave us down. I would love to meet some of you.

Sounds good Dan! If you get a chance, swing by The Hub late afternoon Thursday. A few of us should be there at least by 5 pm. Looking forward to meeting the two of you.

Glad to hear Hotboot and fjrrider have decided to join us as well! AJ, what about you and your "sissy" brother?

The long range forecast is looking great, highs in the low 80's and mid 60's in the evening, with a 20% chance of precip each day. Should be perfect riding weather!

See you all next Thursday!

No plans for a Spring Ozarks visit at this time, but that's always a possibility. We'll miss seeing ya this year Gary!

Two days till departure!
punk.gif

I have a couple of routes that I will be going on Friday and Saturday. One is a south loop and the other loops north into Missouri and back down.

Both have lots and lots o' twisties in them!! I will be at the Hub about 0800 Friday on my '05 FJR wearing a silver surfer Olympia outfit.

see ya there!!

Oh and BTW - the weather for this weekend looks SUPERB!!