SFO 2016 - Hotel Info and Room Share Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBandit

Reaction score
******* IMPORTANT ******* CHANGE IN HOTEL FOR SFO

If you plan on staying at a hotel for SFO please read the following!!!

I am changing the hotel recommendation to the Inn of Clanton.

Inn of Clanton
946 Lake Mitchell Road
Clanton, AL 35045
205-755-7829
I 65 - Exit 208

I stopped in today at the Inn of Clanton and personally checked out the rooms. No frills, but clean, appeared comfortable and the price is right. They have a mini fridge in each room and the price includes breakfast from the breakfast bar at Shoney's Restaurant next door to the hotel. The price is $54 plus tax for a single and $62 plus tax for a double (they have to charge the extra $8 for the breakfast I suppose). The total with tax is $61.56 for a single and $70.68 for two people in a room.

PLEASE NOTE - You will need to call the hotel directly to make your reservations. You will need to tell them you are with the SFO Rally to receive the rates quoted above.

The hotel is located only 11 miles south of the Jemison exit where our evening events will be taking place. It will be a very convenient spot for us all to meet for breakfast each morning and start our rides from there. Those of us at the camping site can just make our way to the Shoney's each morning and meet those of you staying at the hotel. In the evening, we'll be able to shuttle you to the camp site for the evening festivities.

Please post up in this thread once you have made your reservations to let everyone know that you have locked down a room. This thread can also be used for room share info for those that want to find a room mate, as this hotel has Double Queen rooms, in addition to single King for those of you that just prefer have a room to yourself.

The charge for a double is $8 more, I presume for them to cover the cost of the breakfast next door at Shoney's.

This link is the directions from the Inn of Clanton to my place where we'll be grillin and chillin in the evenings... and where the tent campers will be staying. Inn of Clanton to SFO Headquarters

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sharing my tent
wink.png
I'm sharing my bed, but with my wife.
rolleyes.gif

Current Attendees list as of October 17th

Here's the current list by my count -

fjrbandit and Mrs. Bandit - owner's cabin
winksmiley02.gif

Committed from fjrowners.com

Doug36854 - possibly camping / hotel if boss says so!
Roadtrip - hotel
oldironsights - hotel

r.horsch

Victor Sierra
N4HHE
OneMoreTime

coondawg07 plus one- camping Friday (maybe) and Saturday night (definite)

From fjrforum.com

stose85 - camping

hppants plus one- camping
fjrfarrier - quasi camping

bseelbach -camping

poolboytoo - camping

Cav47??? - camping

cornbread - hotel
LA2wheeler - hotel
winewhisperer - hotel

GPrider - hotel

E.T. - hotel

creg-ny-baa - hotel

Maybees -

griff - hotel

twisted cricket

Also, four or five other local riders not on either forum will be in attendance.

Well, I'm making reservations tonight. Non smoker, unskilled drinker, questionable snorer. Down for Friday and Saturday nights. PM me if you'd like to throw in and share the costs.