SFO 2016 Plans?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FJRBandit posted: <snip, snip, snip>If last year was any kind of a precursor to the upcoming season, your season will be ruined by then anyway.
bleh.gif
Hope springs eternal. We're headed to the Orange Bowl this year, bro. That will happen after SFO 2016, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
FJRBandit posted: <snip, snip, snip>If last year was any kind of a precursor to the upcoming season, your season will be ruined by then anyway.
bleh.gif
Hope springs eternal. We're headed to the Orange Bowl this year, bro. That will happen after SFO 2016, however.
Orange Bowl? Who are you going to see?
grin.gif

I finally got the bike put back together with all new suspension from Race Tech. I'm looking forward to SFO next year since I've already burned up all my vacation time this year. If some folks get together up in AR maybe we can get join up for some riding on a Sat or Sun.

Sounds good Wingman. In addition to the gathering in Alabama at the end of October, we are definitely going to be making a visit to Arky at some point in either late September or early Oct. I'm in process of coordinating that with a couple of folks as we speak. I should have something definitive put together by mid-July. Stay tuned!

Bandit, I'm planning on being in Alabama in October. I'm closer to Arkansas so let me know what the plans are for that event as well. Please and thank you!

Bandit, I'm planning on being in Alabama in October. I'm closer to Arkansas so let me know what the plans are for that event as well. Please and thank you!

I'm planning to ride somewhere late in October.

Alabama camping sounds real cool.
Sounds good guys. I've just returned from my trip to West Virginia and to the North Carolina Outer Banks. My apologies to you guys for being slow with my response. After getting in late most evenings and dealing with the oppressive heat, I had limited down time for internet review.

BTW, hppants and I ran into each other in Blue Ridge, GA last week at Merceir's Orchard. It was great finally meeting you Joey and I'm glad to hear you are going to try to make it over this way for the meet in late October.

Just a quick update regarding the meet in Jemison Alabama, this will be hosted on my personal property, which ultimately will be my private residence some day. However, I have plenty of room for as many campers as could even possibly show up. I have at least an acre of a wooded area that is cleared out, grubbed and generally level. If you are camping you shouldn't have any trouble finding an ideal spot!

It sounds as though it's shaping up to be a group of ten or more. There are several folks from the fjrowners forum that are committed as well. As we get a little closer I'll get a firm head count and if necessary will bring in a port-a-potty to accommodate the bathroom needs. We should be able to manage with the one shower in the apartment, if not, there's a hose pipe outside and a creek on the lower portion of the property.
wink.png

If anyone has any questions or special needs feel free to send me a personal message, or just post up here.

It's shaping up that we are going to meet in Arkansas in late September. I'm still ironing out details but should have something firmed up within the next week or so. I'll post up that info here as soon it has been finalized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool to meet you as well, sir!!! Looking forward to seeing your ride report.

Have you got a weekend in mind for October? I'd like to put it on the calendar, check with wifey, etc....

Cheers!

Ok guys - I posted up a new thread will all of the pertinent info. Let's move the discussion over there. The weekend will be Oct 27th thru 30th.

I'm working on the ride report Pants. I was finally able to get all of my pictures "processed" last night and uploaded to my Google storage. So now that's been completed I'll begin the report itself. Stay tuned --- but till then, does this look familiar???
rolleyes.gif

20160702_155836.jpg

FJRBandit posted:Fixed it for ya Hud. Of course you pesterin' flyin' insects wouldn't know much about that anyway would ya since you chickened out and quit playing us 30 years ago!
smile.png
AU vs. GT rivalry at one time was one of the oldest in the South

And to your question re Valley and the Eastern Time Zone. Officially, Valley is in the Central Time Zone, but unofficially observes and operates on Eastern Time. The West Point Pepperell mill located there has always run on Eastern Time. So as goes the mill, so goes the community of Valley, AL. My mother was born up the road in a little place called Abanda. We have family in Valley and that's the way it always was back in the day, I guess it just continues on today.
I believe, my delirious friend, that you've been drinking at breakfast again. If you note the score (and winner) of our last two meetings, you'll see why I would love to have Auburn back on a home-and-away schedule.

September 6, 2003: Atlanta, GA, Georgia Tech, 17–3

September 3, 2005: Auburn, AL, Georgia Tech, 23–14

I did see this guy named Bo Jackson singlehandedly beat us in Atlanta during our (abysmal Bill Curry) 1983 season, at almost 7 yards per carry. Took him out at halftime, thank goodness, after he'd gained over 150 yards. I was appropriately impressed.

Your weekend is Homecoming vs. Duke. If our season's already ruined by then, count on me in attendance. If not, count on me for (at least) Sunday.
I'd call 6th place in the Coastal division at this time of the year - ruined. So, I expect that I'll be seeing a post in the appropriate thread that you will be in attendance!
smile.png

Hahahahahahaha! We're "getting stronger every day", and should be bowl eligible even before we whip those stinking dogs during Thanksgiving weekend.

Sorry, my friend; SFO just ain't happening for me this year.

Hahahahahahaha! We're "getting stronger every day", and should be bowl eligible even before we whip those stinking dogs during Thanksgiving weekend.
And it obviously has nothing to do with a crappy GA Tech team...that was a weak excuse.

He's probably home doing ironing and vacuuming and grocery shopping...in a feeble attempt to convince someone that he will make a good wife someday. :D

And it obviously has nothing to do with a crappy GA Tech team...that was a weak excuse.

He's probably home doing ironing and vacuuming and grocery shopping...in a feeble attempt to convince someone that he will make a good wife someday.
biggrin.png
Wheetie - Truer words have never been spoken on the FJR Forum!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif