SFO 2017 Home Safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natehawk750

Reaction score
Hey just got home about an hour ago thought I'd start this thread.

As always had a good time with everyone.

Hope the bandits recover from this shindig quickly!

Thanks for another great SFO Turk.

I rolled in safe about 6 pm. 1400 miles in four days.

Great weekend and Im so thankful to Jena and Turk for their wonderful hospitality.

My entry in this thread doesn't really count since Pop and I took his truck instead of the FJRs, but we are both home safe.

Mr. and Mrs. Bandit are to be congratulated for another first class event. I cannot imagine how much time and money and prep work this took. It's appreciated.

I just walked in the door - 14 hours on the nose. I am sure I can do better there was a bit of lolly gagging. Jena and Turk - Wow! What a great time.

Joe

Home safe, despite the onset of frostbite from six hours buzzing through NE Alabama.

Enjoyed the rare opportuntiy to sleep inside my tent, inside a building.

Thanks, Bandit and Mrs, for a wonderful time!

PS ...

Q: How many bikers does it take to light a propane heater?

A: More than attended SFO 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we'll have to have more for SFO 2018 HUD! Did anyone get an official head count?

Home at 8:40 last night. MAJOR kudos to Turk and Jana for a first-class rally. Food, entertainment (including Turk full of Honey Jack), and a big-ass "far" on Saturday night. Fantastic time!

Arrived home safely in Harrisonburg, VA about 4:30. That includes Reborn Rider (Steve) and BMWDave (he still needs to go to PA tomorrow).

Huge thanks to Turk and Jena for putting together a great event!!

Great seeing everyone.

-Glen

12 hours later I arrived in Aledo Sunday night. A big shout out to Jana and Turk (ladies first) for another excellent adventure. Met more of my brethren over the weekend and thanks to Julie and Nate for an awesome ride on Friday. Hit up my doctor today and he realigned my wayward spine so I be good to go in a couple of days.

Thanks for all the nice compliments lady and gentlemen... Wait, uh, you guys. We certainly enjoyed having everyone and appreciate all of you making the effort to join us!

After buttoning everything up, Jana and I finally made it home last night around 6 pm. Then this morning I busted out and met Pool Boy in Ft. Payne. We headed to Cherohala and saw snow on the mountain. We even had to deal with icy roads at times! Safely made it to Murphy for the night. Back home for me tomorrow and Pool Boy is gonna head to Jack Daniels Distillery and get me some more Tennessee Honey! ;)

Made it home yesterday around 3pm. A great get together organized by Turk. Thanks again big guy. Looking forward to next year wherever we decide to have it.

GP

Got home on Sunday at around 3:30. Left around 10:30. My goodness that was one chilly ride. There is very little wind protection on the BMW S1000R. I had an excellent time and my thanks go out to Turk and Jana for being the perfect hosts. Plus, Turk's and Jana's family, all the vendors and the fantastic entertainment on Friday evening. I do not get away from work much, but this is one rally that I mark on my calendar every year. All my old friends and the many new friends I made, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a great 2018!!! You folks are the best!!!

Gary Green

Since I would run out of likes real quick, bunches of likes to all of the above! Again, many thanks for all of the nice compliments!!!

By my count - the official headcount is as follows:

Number of bikes - 29, with a total of 45 people that attended.

Great turnout! Thanks again everyone!!!

Latest posts