SFO 2017 - Input requested

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!!!
I'm in!!!!! Sounds like a plan for another fabulous southern shindig!!!
I was waiting to see when this would fall into the calendar... and it's on mine! :yahoo: I think someone said there might be a place I can rent a Spyder out that way? Do you have hotel information so we can make rezzies?? B)

Bugger, I can't see myself coming out 3 times in one year.
Just don't leave after the second time you come out. Simple. ;)

YES!!!
I was waiting to see when this would fall into the calendar... and it's on mine!
yahoo.gif
I think someone said there might be a place I can rent a Spyder out that way? Do you have hotel information so we can make rezzies??
cool.png

Bugger, I can't see myself coming out 3 times in one year.
Just don't leave after the second time you come out. Simple.
wink.png
That's awesome Tyler! Really thrilled you plan to make it this year. I believe you can rent a Spyder through EagleRider in Atlanta. We are about 3 hours via scenic route from Atlanta. It would make for a perfect fly-in situation for you. Just let me know if I can assist you with any of the logistics or local info.

As for the lodging info - we'll go with the same hotel we utilized last year, the Inn of Clanton. They're located 12 miles south of my property and it's an easy jog between the two. The Inn of Clanton is no frills, but according to those that stayed there last year it was clean and comfortable, and the price was right. They have a mini fridge in each room and the price includes breakfast from the large breakfast bar at Shoney's Restaurant next door to the hotel. The price last year was $54 plus tax for a single and $62 plus tax for a double (they have to charge the extra $8 for the breakfast I suppose). The total with tax was $61.56 for a single and $70.68 for two people in a room. My guess is they'll be about the same this year.

Once I get a feel for the number of rooms we'll need to block I'll give them a shout and get our group rate set up. But no hurry here, we have plenty of time. Expect that info within the next couple of months.

YES!!!
Yea!!!!
smile.png

I had a gut feeling last year's gathering shouldn't have been missed but miss it I did. I'm hoping not to make the same mistake again.
no.gif
Gotta go with the gut Ogre!

Awesome new Mr. Bandit and count me in unless I actually have to work for a living at that time. I will also sign up to be the DD again this year unless I get real adventurous and decide to camp.
That's awesome Kaismo! Thanks for the offer to be a DD again. It was much appreciated last year and I'm certain it will be needed again. If you decide to camp, no worries, we'll recruit the kids again. BTW, anyone else that will be staying at the hotel that would like to volunteer to be a designated driver of one of the shuttle vehicles would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds great. I will be giving this some serious thought although late October could mean hauling the bike out of a snow bound North Dakota. That would make the trip all the better though. I have never ridden motorcycle in AL, MS, FL, GA, SC, or LA so this would make a good excuse to add these states to the states ridden map.
That'd be great Abercrombie! I hope you can make it and add some of those states to your map.

Abercrombie FJR posted: <snip> I have never ridden motorcycle in AL, MS, FL, GA, SC, or LA so this would make a good excuse to add these states to the states ridden map.
If you want to hit some neighboring states, it will take some effort; Clanton is smack-dab in the middle of Alabama. Despite this, you could make a loop that hits Donalsonville, GA, and Lucedale, MS, checking off those two states. (Adding Slidell, LA, would make it a VERY long day.) Or you could hit Chattanooga and Iuka; that will let you check off GA, TN, and MS.

Another possible? The gigantic football stadiums at the University of Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and UAB. (That would only net you the state of MS, however.)

BEFORE YOU TASE ME, I realize those routes are all Interstates and big highways, but .... different strokes for different folks, and some of us like college football and filling out "visited states" maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Nate, I'm planning on hitting it up again this year and last year was a complete last minute deal waiting for a decent seat and new helmet to arrive. I would like to head to LA to meet up earlier in the adventure this time around.

Hey Turk,

I should be in in late October. It worked last year and it should work for me again. I think i will have some work done on the 2006 FJR and bring that bike instead of the BMW S1000R. However, it is going to be expensive, because the FJR has been sitting for two years. New tires, new battery, new fluids and maybe a few upgrades.

I'm in for this again. I may try to wrangle the work schedule so that I can be off and come up Thursday to offer my assistance and then follow the stranglers somewhere else on Monday/Tuesday

Hey FJRBandit. Since this is the input thread would it be to much to ask for some of your Aunt Jim's pie this year? You did after all speak very highly of her pie last year.

If it would be too much for her it's totally understandable... just a thought.

This sounds awesome, especially since i missed last year's. Gonna do all I can to be there!

Tyler - we can talk about arrangements, etc unless someone else hooks you up first.

Hey FJRBandit. Since this is the input thread would it be to much to ask for some of your Aunt Jim's pie this year? You did after all speak very highly of her pie last year.If it would be too much for her it's totally understandable... just a thought.
I'll see what she can do Nate. I assure you, she would love nothing more than to make a whole sleu of pies for us. I'm just not sure she's capable. As the date draws closer I'll check in with her for sure.

Great to hear dsbiker is putting this on his calendar this year, whatever bike he's on! ;) Between Doug and Mike, there will definitely be some 'shine in the house!!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: