SFO 2017 - Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more chapter written in history. Honey Jack Daniels is the nectar of Satan.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
wasn't as funny Saturday a.m. for me, but indeed it is Uncle Hud, indeed it is!!!

There were several folks who were looking a little green in the gills on Saturday morning... we were somewhat gentle with them... for awhile...
icon_e_wink.gif

I'm comfortable settled at Turk's other residence with the lovely Jana as my trip comes to an end and I fly home tomorrow... some sadness for the end but such joy for the experience...

So many thanks to so many people who give so much to all of us... thank you. :wub:

Yeah, I need to win the lottery too! ha! I've been thinking of having my bike shipped to San Diego to start a West coast ride up to Canada then back to the Dallas area. Would save me a few days of vacation and I've seen most of the geography between here and Cali. Who are you using to ship the bike?

Pants is already dancing.

"They started playing Led Zeppelin and I found another gear."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I need to win the lottery too! ha! I've been thinking of having my bike shipped to San Diego to start a West coast ride up to Canada then back to the Dallas area. Would save me a few days of vacation and I've seen most of the geography between here and Cali. Who are you using to ship the bike?
https://www.funtransport.com

I,m sure most peeps are home by now. I,m sitting in shady oaks, camp ground seven miles south of Harison ,AR tonight and will ride a full day south of Harrison tomorrow and head home on Monday.

I,m sitting here thinking " We have the one picture ride report" Which is awesome!

I,m Thinking we need a " I'm druncked up in a camp ground in _____________all by my self no picture camping report", LOL, I Have a nice fire going, some Stella Artois, and some Tennessee honey/ devil juice that will make you sleep comfortable on the porch steps. The more i think about this the more i think to myself; " I should not allow myself to post shit on a forum after drinking. HEY YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE,!!!! Turk and Jana, you should rethink this SFO thing.... Your doing way to good of job and will soon become some kind of ?????? WOOD STOCK!!! OK i,m going to bed now, I've decided That i shouldn't be left alone with beer and a computer.

I,m sure most peeps are home by now. I,m sitting in shady oaks, camp ground seven miles south of Harison ,AR tonight and will ride a full day south of Harrison tomorrow and head home on Monday. I,m sitting here thinking " We have the one picture ride report" Which is awesome!

I,m Thinking we need a " I'm druncked up in a camp ground in _____________all by my self no picture camping report", LOL, I Have a nice fire going, some Stella Artois, and some Tennessee honey/ devil juice that will make you sleep comfortable on the porch steps. The more i think about this the more i think to myself; " I should not allow myself to post shit on a forum after drinking. HEY YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE,!!!! Turk and Jana, you should rethink this SFO thing.... Your doing way to good of job and will soon become some kind of ?????? WOOD STOCK!!! OK i,m going to bed now, I've decided That i shouldn't be left alone with beer and a computer.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
Classic! That devil juice will get ya every time, trust me.

(I had to put this one in quotes so that when Pool Boy wakes up today he can't edit it out - it's here for eternity now!!
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
)

One more chapter written in history. Honey Jack Daniels is the nectar of Satan.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: wasn't as funny Saturday a.m. for me, but indeed it is Uncle Hud, indeed it is!!!
Liquor is the dressing on the Salad of Evil, Money is the Lettuce in the Salad of Evil, Women are the Tomatoes in the Salad of Evil!

Thanks Turk and company for a great event!
Our pleasure BigJohn! Just glad you and Festar were able to make it.

Just a quick wrap up - Mrs. Bandit and I wanted to tell everyone who made it to SFO this year a big THANK YOU! It was awesome seeing everyone and just amazing the representation we had from all over the country. We had a blast hosting everyone and really appreciate the efforts of all the people that assisted us in putting on the event, namely LA2Wheeler, Cornbread, GPRider, Kaismo and Gixxerjasen and everyone else who threw a hand in just moving hay bales or taking out the trash or whatever to help us out!

We all know what they say, no pictures, it didn't happen. I tried to post some yesterday but I have been under the weather the last few days and Photobucket was giving me shit, so I gave up. Just wasn't in the mental condition to deal with it. I plan to get a little write up done sometime this week and a few select pics. Let's see some of y'alls!

Abercrombie FJR posted: Its easy, just get your credit card out and your good to go.
Chuckle, chuckle. You're funny, dude.
coolsmiley02.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So I thought I would give closure to the Trailer lights that RedfishHunter, Cav47, Natehawk, half the attendees of SFO, and Myself were not able to figure out why they wouldn't work.

So the story goes.... I bought a trailer just before CFO, wired it to the bike, lights work great. I pulled it around town, highway, interstate, got a Idea of how a trailer pulls behind a motorcycle. Hey, this thing pulls really nice...

Paige an I attend CFO, come home and I did some more research and found a trailer light isolator kit for the FJR. Install the isolator and used a test light to verify I had power to pins for the trailer plug on the bike. Hey, that wasn't so hard,LOL. I start getting ready for the couple weeks I would be away from home before and after SFO.

New, instant set up, tent, air mattress, borrowed my buddy's generator, (1000 watt) just in case I had to do some primitive camping, BIG bottle of Jack Daniels Honey ..everything but the kitchen sink..Get all this crap in the trailer take off and do couple days in Arkansas, work my way up to meet Cav47 at Hillman Ferry Camp ground, Land between the Lakes, Kentucky.

We made our way to SFO and pull up to the drive and there is a car?suv? front wheel drive half way up the driveway and can't get traction, Josh and I stop, I block traffic and Josh goes up and sets himself on the hood and is instructing others to put ballast weight on the running boards and low and behold they start moving and at the precise time Josh jumps off and instructs them not to stop until the top. Mean while a couple bikes pull up behind us and Griff tells me,"Hey Poolboy your trailer lights aren't working" We get up the hill and say hello's ect... Start having a good time and Pants comes drinking around the corner and surprises us and we start having a great time.

I think it was saturday afternoon when GPRider and I returned from Barber museum that I pulled the trailer into the shed and started to diagnose the lights. Many people threw in there two cents, Redfishhunter threw in 6 cents and a muti-meter. This checked out ,that checked out, tore the lights out, checked the fuse??? YES, the fuse is blown, new fuse and we have power to the pins at the back of the bike. Ground pin to the chassis, check, turn signals, running,brake lights!! Bike checks out, trailer checks out as far as we are wiling to pull the thing apart. I make the call, "Were are done spending time on this thing" We didn't come here to spend all night working on this trailer....Redfish says well wait lets try this ,and this. Finally we conceded and put it all back together and took it off the saw horse's and used it for a table.

I'm not sure when the big bottle of Jack Honey came out but the band was in full swing with uncle huds Banana suit and helmet in the back ground. I made my way from the back of the crowd offering a taste or more of, Jack Daniels Honey , from the BIG bottle to everyone, all the way to the empty seat beside Pants in the middle of the crowd. I offered him a taste or 3 and then the rest of the crowd all the way to the band and all the way to the back again and then it went into turks hand and then the decision was made " This bottle cap is going in the fire" well evidently they missed the fire because the next morning Jana, with the good lords help no doubt, had some how pried that devil juice from turks grip and had the bottle, the cap and the last two shots sitting on the counter the next morning.

Were am I going with this story? Oh yea,

SFO-Sunday morning everybody packs up takes off i go to start my bike It is f-ing dead. Turk to the rescue, jump start it and off I go to birmingham, buy a new battery and take it to huntsville where my nephew lives and install it and tear the freaking lights out of the trailer trying to find a cut wire, anything. Getting dark starting to sprinkle I gave up this trailer is going back to the dealer and they can deal with it... Fast forward past Turk and I's two day trip and my way home Via Shady Oaks Camp Ground in Arkansas were i decided there should be a " I'm drunked up in a camp ground in ________no picture camping report" to a couple weeks ago ......

I pull the trailer into my shop and start tearing into the trailer lights saying to myself, "this thing is not going to kick my ass" but got to the point I would have had to pull the loom out the back of the trailer, which would be a REAL PITA. I'm thinking if I do this does it void warranty and took it to the dealer fifty miles away and left it in there hands. Called them a week later and they said they would work on it first thing in the morning and let me know. COOL! Called me early the next day "your trailer lights work just fine. He says "I put power to all the lights and there is nothing wrong." .....I'm thinking me pulling on these wires has unshorted a wire or something???????

He says we think it is probably the ground on your bike. I said ok, if you say they work I'll come get the trailer and figure it out.. I test the ground from the battery to the ground pin at the back of the bike and its good! I ride the bike there hook up the trailer and Walla ! ...No lights... I said can we take two minutes and check for power at the plug on my bike... Sure no problem.. So he checks from the battery tender ground to the ground pin at the back of the bike and says Nope - no ground.

In my defence I was smart enough to bring the bike and the diagram of how I had the plug wired... I said which pin are you on, cause I checked my ground before I left home and it was good, along with the fuse. I look at where he has his meter lead and said, that is not the ground pin this is....and we recheck and sure enough we had tone/continuity... He says well according to the trailers wiring diagram this should be ground, and this should be this ect... Ok, l'll take it home and check out the bike wiring... So I do, and I compare where the trailer wanted power and ground and where I had everything at the plug and Son Of a Biker! nothing is where it is supposed to be??? WTF!!!

I had trailer lights to CFO and back. I installed the trailer light isolator and checked for power at the pins at the back of the bike, I had a ground, turns signals, running lights, brake lights, all good to go right?

Evidently, during installation of the isolator, I mixed up the wires going to the pins at the back of the bike. I'm having a hard time swallowing the fact that I checked power at the back of the bike and didn't plug the freaking trailer in to see if they worked. I had power to the pins, the trailer worked to CFO!! So from the time I plugged the trailer into my bike, (which blew the fuse) to the time I got to SFO There is no way I had trailer lights.. Finished the trip with no trailer lights.

Took the trailer home rewired the plug at the back of the bike to match what the trailer required and faster than you could say, WHERE THE HECK DID I GO WRONG,...............THE LIGHTS WORK>>>>Hallelujah!!! ...........If that didn't work I was going to install a new thermocouple. (some will get that joke some won't)

Thanks to all that tried to help See you next year

.....BIG bottle of Jack Daniels Honey....
If I learned one thing at SFO, that stuff is the Nectar of Satan!!!

Took the trailer home rewired the plug at the back of the bike to match what the trailer required and faster than you could say, WHERE THE HECK DID I GO WRONG,...............THE LIGHTS WORK>>>>Hallelujah!!! ...........If that didn't work I was going to install a new thermocouple. (some will get that joke some won't)
Thanks to all that tried to help See you next year

So to finish out the thermocouple story, I returned the infamous space heater to my buddy that Sunday afternoon. I told him of the fiasco that ensued around the heater on Saturday night. But I told him that I felt that it had to be the thermocouple and as soon as I got back from a little two day jaunt to NC with PoolBoy I would buy a thermocouple and fix the damn thing. When I got back from NC I called him to get the model number of the heater to figure out what length thermocouple I was going to need. He said that the thing was a POS anyway and he had put it on the street for the trash pickup earlier in the week. That mystery would never be solved.

The moral of the story - if some 30 or so SFO guys and gals collectively can't figure out how to fix a little space heater and/or get some trailer lights working, stick to doing what you do best boys and girls - drink whiskey.
rolleyes.gif

See y'all next year!