SFO 2017 - Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 80% probable for attending this but with fencer not going I'd rather stay in the motel. Anyone looking for a roommate?

We're just now getting our first peek at the long-range forecast. We all know they're usually about as reliable as the cable guy. But at least it looks promising. Let's cross our fingers and hope the cable guy actually shows up when he says he will, this time!

WED
OCT 25
Sunny
69°52°
0% NW 7 mph 54%

THU
OCT 26
AM Showers
71°54°
50% SSW 6 mph 60%

FRI
OCT 27
Mostly Sunny
70°53°
20% SSW 7 mph 69%

SAT
OCT 28
Partly Cloudy
70°53°
20% WSW 6 mph 71%

SUN
OCT 29
Mostly Sunny
70°57°
10% ENE 6 mph 70%

MON
OCT 30
Mostly Sunny
70°55°
20% ENE 6 mph 70%

Looking good so far. I'm already on countdown mode and begun packing since I'm heading out a week from Tuesday. Can't wait for great riding and meeting great people again in AL.

<sigh> Life happens.

I'm out. Elderly mother issues means having to stick around here next week. I was truly looking forward to it all, including shaking some hands both familiar and new. Thank you anyway Turk.

Last edited by a moderator:
<sigh> Life happens.
I'm out. Elderly mother issues means having to stick around here next week. I was truly looking forward to it all, including shaking some hands both familiar and new. Thank you anyway Turk.
Time with your mom at this point is precious... spend it with her while you can... we'll still be here for the next gathering that you can attend. B)

Thanks guys. I know you're all right but damn!, out of all the weeks in the year things had to come together in the same one?
rolleyes.gif
Gotta shake your head and laugh I guess.

That's the way it goes sometimes you BigOgre. Was looking forward to trading war stories with ya, maybe next time. Tyler is right (as usual) time with your mother right now is way more important than hanging out with a bunch of scooter trash like us. Maybe next year....

Paypal on the way.

Hey Turk,

I just made my reservation at the hotel. I could not get the FJR ready on time so I'm bringing the BMW S1000R. I am so looking forward to this trip. I have only taken four vacation days ALL YEAR!! i CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE, EVEN YOU TURK, BUT MOSTLY JANA!! Tell her I said that.

Hey Turk,
I just made my reservation at the hotel. I could not get the FJR ready on time so I'm bringing the BMW S1000R. I am so looking forward to this trip. I have only taken four vacation days ALL YEAR!! i CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE, EVEN YOU TURK, BUT MOSTLY JANA!! Tell her I said that.
Im glad you’re going to make it Winewhisperer, I’m only going because I understood you were. I’ve been meaning to catch up.

It’s been a while.

Festar

Hey Turk,
We've been wondering where this post was!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you G, I think even Jana is as well.
lol.gif

Hey Turk,

Im glad you’re going to make it Winewhisperer, I’m only going because I understood you were. I’ve been meaning to catch up.

It’s been a while.

Festar
Great! I am so glad you will be at Turk's little party. It was fantastic last year and I know you will have a great time. Oh, and I don't believe a word you just posted.
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif

All of that being said --- let me remind everyone that we are now just one week out from the start of SFO 2017. If you have been thinking about coming and see now that you can make it, it's not too late. On the converse, if you have previously signed up and see that you can't make it, please let me know by this weekend. If you have already paid I will send you a refund, just let me know asap.

The concept behind all of this is that we get together, have a great time and all share in the costs. My goal both years we've done this is to keep the "rally fee" as low as possible while still being able to provide plenty of quality food and great entertainment. That's why there is no swag bag provided- although we do have rally stickers again this year (courtesy of Uncle Hud).

In order to keep costs as low as we possibly can and still ensure that we have plenty of food for everyone, I need to have a solid head count so that we can make certain we purchase the correct amount of provisions for everyone in attendance. So either way - please let me know no later than this coming Sunday if your plans have changed.

Thanks,

The management
tongue.png

PS - Top_speed (KJ) was kind enough to prepare several gpx routes for us. If you are interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you the files via email. I'll try to get those copied and posted here for everyone before too long....

Well things aren't going so well with the project I'm helping some buddies with. I haven't been able to commit to attending and it isn't looking good but still playing it by ear.

Well things aren't going so well with the project I'm helping some buddies with. I haven't been able to commit to attending and it isn't looking good but still playing it by ear.
You're still on the list - so you have to come.
winksmiley02.gif
Seriously, if you can make it, even with late notice come on!

Hey Turk,
Since the rally is almost upon us, I will bring cash with me for the rally fee.

Sure thing G, no problem.

He's driving sugar beet trucks now. I know you're on the road now, but sheesh, keep up, girl!

Hey Abercrombie FJR, is a sugar beet truck as much fun to drive as a fire truck?