SFO 2018 - September 27th-30th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry life forces me to miss this fine event this year. Watching Pants get into the "Shampoo" is/was most entertaining, then watching him recover the next day was even better. And, who remembers our host, Mr. Honey Jack himself?

I can assure you, that mantle will be passed along to a more deserving character this year! Mrs. Bandit's orders.
coolsmiley02.gif

As a reminder for those that are camping, there is PLENTY of room to camp. For anyone that hasn't been before and plans to camp, we have a 1 BDR apartment with a full bathroom on site. You are welcome to use the facilities, shower etc... We will also have a port-a-potty on site again this year.

A Couple of Housekeeping Items

Campers
I believe the count of those camping currently stands at FJR farrier, HPPants, Unclehud and Danh600, Pops and Redfish at Peach Queen campground. Have I overlooked anyone not staying at the hotel? I need to get that head count so I can plan for the tipsey taxi from the hotel.

Thursday Arrivals
Also, please let me know if you will be arriving on Thursday, whether camping or staying at the hotel. I need to get that headcount so that we can have plenty of burgers and dogs that night. If you are staying at the hotel, I'll have transportation there for you headed to SFO HQ leaving around 6 p.m. I just need to know who is going to be there.

Friday and Saturday Rides
We will plan to meet for breakfast at 8 am Friday and Saturday morning at the Shoney's, which is adjacent to the hotel. We can split up and head out on our rides from there. Typically that has been a 9 am kickstands up on Friday and Saturday morning. Plan to return to the hotel in time to get cleaned up and catch the tipsey taxi to SFO HQ each night at 6 p.m.

Routes
There were several routes posted, with gpx links last year. There is an SFO 2017 Routes/GPS links thread posted in the other sandbox if you are interested.

Any questions, post up here or PM me directly.

I'm pledging to be on my bestest behavior this year.
I just hope that will be good enough.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

BTW - Mrs. Bandit and I will be at SFO HQ all day Thursday doing the final touch-ups. Campers come on anytime and if anyone staying at the hotel would like to stop by on the way to the hotel just come on!

Directions to SFO HQ from I-65 Exit 219

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Redfish Hunter" data-cid="1404156" data-time="1535426457"><p>

I remember an All Star Cast for the ride back to the hotel. I had you, Festar and 0Face along with Pop as a co-pilot. That was a lot of FJR Awesomeness in the cab of Pop's GMC. I was honored to be a chauffeur.</p></blockquote>

And having sampled too much fireball I was damn glad to have your services as a chauffeur! JSNS

I've had a delay in knowing that I can get there, but am waiting to hear about the time off. Just as a feeler, anybody looking to roomshare?

Wow!! I just saw the new date and just called the Hotel to make my reservation. I did not think I could get off for that date, but my other manager is going to change his weekend off so that I can attend. I so so so need some time off and what could be better than a weekend with some of the finest people I know!! My life just took an amazing turn for the better.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well, rats. Looks like the powers that be are declining to give me the time off. So, barring Divine intervention, I'm going to be a miss this year...again.

*Sigh.* Y'all need to take up the eating and drinking slack for me.

I'm in and bringing Wanda arriving Thursday afternoon. She will be taking truck to visit friends in Birmingham but coming back for the festivities Friday and Saturday. I plan to attend the Thursday night cookout. If there are plans for a Thursday shuttle I would like to be on the list if not I'll ride out, Friday & Saturday I can help with shuttle services with room for three. Is there an updated attendee list anywhere? Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Well, feck. Thankfully I checked early, but the answer I got was not what I expected:

Off today, not really getting ready, but thought the prudent thing to do would be to check the tires. Doesn't involve tools or much time, right? Pulled the cover up to peek at the front, and...WTF? Is that the wear bar? Is there any tread there? Well, not bleeping much! I mentioned (in my most recent contribution to NEPRT) that I had noticed she was getting hard to turn, but never dreamed that the front would be shot at 5200 miles. The rear still looks like it has 2-3K left. FWIW, these are Pirelli Angel GTs. So, T-30 EVOs on the way. This is Cav47's fault somehow.

Last edited by a moderator: