SFO 2020 - The Tradition Continues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBandit

Reaction score
I used to post some long crap about all the details, not this year, we're gonna do the same damn thing.  After four years we've kinda figured it out so things ain't changing, just getting better.  If you need details just check out the SFO 2019 post.  Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel - you know the routine.  The only thing that will change is the Rally Fee - not due to inflation or any of the sort, but I think this year we'll rent a van to have at the hotel to simplify the Tipsey Taxi.  So let's go with $75 this year.

Really the only thing you NEED to know are the dates, you already know the rest.  

So here it is - HALLOWEEN!!!!!  Thursday, Oct. 29th thru Sunday Nov. 1st.

Come on in Thursday night and MrsBandit will do her (becoming famous) Cincinnati chili, Friday night we'll jam with The Negotiators (Allen and Jon) while we enjoy the low country shrimp boil, then Saturday we'll gnaw on Stan the BBQ Man's tasty rib bones while Rocking Rodney strums the country tunes for us again, hopefully around a bonfire under a crisp and clear October sky! 

Campers pitch your tent, hoteliers stay where you want, but we recommend The Inn of Clanton again.  They've treated us right through the years. I'll call them and get the room block set up. We'll probably get the same deal as last year (or something close to it) $62ish plus tax (includes the two tickets for the Shoney's Breakfast Bar).  That will be the base of the Tipsey Taxi.

I'll set up a Rally Rally again, modified with some things learned from last year, fewer boni locations to make it easier to participate.  Details to follow at a later date, but it'll be fun.  I encourage everyone to consider doing it.  That'll be on Saturday, the 31st. 

Alrighty, that's it, post up if your down with everything.  

Brevity brought to you by the new and improved FJRBandit

*******************************************************************************************************************

List of attendees - UPDATED October 19, 2020 

FJRBanditWinewhispererMfletch69HondapotamusLA2wheelerKornbreadIntechdanh600 (possibly better half as well)Natehawk (maybe, possibly)JwillyCav47 (now - maybe)Craigregs (probably 
icon_e_wink.gif
  )PoolBoyleo + 1

I am now financially independent, thanks to Doordash, so I WILL be doing this this year God willing and the creek don't rise.  {at 72, not many more years left to enjoy motorcycling and motorcyclists. LOL}

Is this event filled up yet? I have been jonesing to meet some others with FJRs. And of course doing some riding. I live in New Mexico, so it will be an adventure just to get out there! 
Can you send some info for the local hotel? I wonder if they’re booked up too? 

thanks!

Is this event filled up yet? I have been jonesing to meet some others with FJRs. And of course doing some riding. I live in New Mexico, so it will be an adventure just to get out there! 

thanks!
Hey Stinky,

Glad you're going to try to make it this year. As for is it filled up- no, plenty of room for everyone.  I'm not sure we could get too many, within reason.  😉

As for the hotel info, I haven't set up the room block yet, but will do in the next couple of weeks.   You might want to wait a month or so before calling them.   All of the hotel info is listed in the 2019 SFO Official Thread.  You can find the phone number there or just Google Inn of Clanton, Clanton, Alabama.  

You'll be our first participant from the great state of New Mexico!

On the radar, but iffy for this year.  Taking two weeks in June to ride from CA to VA via the Northern route. Will need to see how vacation time is come late summer/early fall.

thanks!
Make plans to stop in Louisiana on your way - come hungry, come thirsty.  Pants will take care of the rest and we can ride to SFO together.  I know the way!!

For those of you who haven't made it to SFO yet this is a great event and well worth taking the time off work. Sadly it appears my vacation time for this year will be otherwise filled. 😢

I would recommend trying to drop a few pounds before the event as you will go home a few pounds heavier than when you arrive.

Hey G, we had a brief discussion on this in the other sandbox earlier in the month. It was decided that we would monitor the situation and make a decision towards the end of this month. I'd say at this point the answer is yes, but likely a much smaller turnout than usual.  So come on!

🙂😁😄 Yea, I have not had any thing to look forward to since this whole Covid 19 thing began. Leave it to my good buddies Turk and Janna to bring some sunshine to this bored out of his mind old man. May all my good buddies decide to make one of the best motorcycle rallies on the planet. Love you guys!!!