She's a ticker...!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valetz

Reaction score
Remember this video I posted from the Butt Lite Finish....

BL Ticker

Now it's time to post one of my own....

My Ticker

Yup, that's right, It didn't sound like this before I left for WFO but it does now...

(I actually first thought I heard it tick a good 10k miles ago, but it was rare and intermittent.)

So the reason I'm posting this in the midwest area is....

I'd like to know who has had a ticker repaired in MN.

How the service was, and who to avoid... etc, etc, etc.

thx,

-bvw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pretty good hearing, and I don't hear it. I've heard several tickers, I'd like to stop by and put an ear to it.

@ Kilroy, Just over 27k

@Rad, Any evening this week, just let me know so I can be there. Probably after 7

-bvw.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i hear it a little bit, especially when the camera was low and close. but mine was much more pronounced than that, especially at about 2800 to 3200 rpms. it was so loud the dealer didn't even try to argue with me..........well the 2nd dealer that is. 1st dealer heard it but still wanted to charge me. turds :) i like my bike and it's mostly run great aside from the ticker. but i may never buy a yamaha again after this ordeal. had to argue and fight for everything and justify everything despite being warrantied. that crap annoys me

Radman stopped over...

He thinks I'm just paranoid. :yahoo:

But I guess the rest of you already knew that. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

-bvw.

If you truly have a "ticker", I just had mine repaired in June at the Hitching Post in South St. Paul.

I told them to make their own determination of what the problem was (I did give them my opinion too).

They called me back the next day from when I had dropped it off & agreed that it was a exhaust valve guide problem & had already discussed it with Yamaha. They repaired it as warrantied work.

They were absolutely great to work with. Having bought two bikes from them may have helped me some.