She's Gone: musings of a former FJR owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking: I put over 2000 posts up on this forum. That's a lot of time and energy. I did so mostly with the intent that I wanted to contribute something that might inform or entertain. We had a lot of good laughs, I certainly learned a thing or two, and glad I was able to shed a little light on a few areas based on what I learned. But at the end of the day, it's not really about WHAT machine you ride, though we all probably feel too strongly about that subject. Common', admit it. What really matters however, is what you see in the background of that picture above. It's getting away from the rat race and enjoying time with a riding buddy, or just being out by yourself on two wheels, or sitting quietly next to a river enjoying the sights and sounds of this great country of ours. We are blessed.

Amen to that Gary. Just wrapped up 6 days on my S10 riding up to LaPine Oregon for the last Ruben run and a tribute to FJRay. I heard 66 total folks were there, it was a blast seeing old friends like Panman and meeting a few new ones. The S10 allowed for more exploring on the less traveled roads and and no traffic.
Gotta love no traffic.

I envy you Bug. Would have loved to have made that run with you. I made one trip out to the west coast, in 2013 and as much as I really enjoyed the scenery, that's probably the last time I will do it in this lifetime. You probably already read this years ago, but here's the full story:

CLICKY HERE

It was a 6k mile journey, with the last leg a 50CC IBA run. Truth is, I'd much rather slow her down and enjoy the scenery and get off the expressway. However, a trip out west is a seriously long journey for anybody: it's a big country for sure. I'm reminded that I'd love to live out west to enjoy the scenery, but finances, family ties, and all my responsibilities don't permit.