Shift_26 issue resolved, hopefully

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyrains

Reaction score
Just picked up my 06 AE from Beaverton Yamaha in Oregon. Rode home in a downpour in stop and go traffic. I took it in because of the shift_26 error message I had been getting. Second time in for that problem. First time they just bled the clutch hydraulic line and soaked the clutch plates, which worked for a few months. This time Yamaha replaced the clutch actuator and all associated parts under my YES warranty. Hope that cures the problem. Time will tell. The mechanic told me that Yamaha wanted the old actuator returned for a failure investigation. That's good news for other owners, I guess. Also had the 26k valve adjust, throttle body sync, throttle spring unwind, throttle cable free play adjusted, lubed, differential lube changed. Felt like a new machine on the ride home. Thanks, Jason. They also changed the plugs and gave me back the old ones. They looked brand new. And they also returned the dead bird they found on top of the valve cover.

P1010752.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: