Shoei Red Wine vs 07 FJR Black Cherry

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Color matching

• Matching helmet to bike color is GAY!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matching helmet to bike color is Manly and attracts chicks

• Matching helmet to bike color doesn't matter because I can't see my helmet when I wear it.

• Total voters

IndianaTom

Reaction score
Is it too soon to ask if anyone has tried to match up Shoei Red Wine with FJR black cherry?

Or perhaps I should consider the pearl grey metallic to try to match the middle....

Tom

black matches the inner fairing plastic, the side case plastic, the dash, the seat cover,rear fender, tire and, kickstand color. (among other items on the bike.

I dunno about the match...

But if I buy a new Multitec it's most likely going to be bright yellow.

-bvw.

Is it too soon to ask if anyone has tried to match up Shoei Red Wine with FJR black cherry?
Or perhaps I should consider the pearl grey metallic to try to match the middle....

Tom

What is this the Gold Wing forum ??? :D
Hey! I dress for success! My white belt always matches my white shoes... You posers with your eclectic wardrobes are confusing, and unappealing.

sheesh... B)

Wow! I never knew I was Gay! I got a helmet that matched my bike pretty close in colors as I did think it would look better. Little did I know. :p :)

black matches the inner fairing plastic, the side case plastic, the dash, the seat cover,rear fender, tire and, kickstand color. (among other items on the bike.
While I slept through most of of my classes in school, I'm pretty sure we had an experiment in science class that showed that an enclosure with a black surface absorbed more heat from sunshine than a white surface. Was I really sleeping and just dreaming this? I hope not, 'cause that's the reason I don't buy black helmets.

While I slept through most of of my classes in school, I'm pretty sure we had an experiment in science class that showed that an enclosure with a black surface absorbed more heat from sunshine than a white surface. Was I really sleeping and just dreaming this? I hope not, 'cause that's the reason I don't buy black helmets.
Nope...absolutely true. HOWEVER....in actual test...done with real thermometers placed inside real helmets in the real sun....really only about 1 or 2 degrees of real temperature difference. As opposed to performing the tests hypothetically based on theorum.

I've ridden in the Central Valley of CA with helmets that were: white, black, grey, anthracite (and currently a Shoei R1000 with grey graphics). Conclusion: At 105 degrees, moving at freeway speeds or in traffic.....they're all hot!

Last edited by a moderator:
No "color matching", only "color coordinating"!!! You must get a helmet within the family of colors you have.

You must come up with a "color scheme". Gawwd!!

Get a color wheel you homos!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom
Damn, Now you have me thinking I should get rid of my Blue Roadcrafter and Anthracite Shoei X11 when I pick up my bike. NOT!!

Rode for years with mismatched helmet and bike. Even rode with a race replica full face on a cruiser. Wife and I had diff helmets. When I got my FJR I got color coordinated silver ones to go with the bike and now we both match.

It should be whatever floats your boat, er bike whatever....gay (skooterG) or not.... :derisive: .....

Ah yes, they have that show on TV where 4 or 5 actual gay men tell straight guys what they should or should not wear. So my thinking here is you are much more gay for telling someone not to wear a color matching helmet than you would be for doing so. ...Giving out fashion advice has always been very gay...........

Ah yes, they have that show on TV where 4 or 5 actual gay men tell straight guys what they should or should not wear. So my thinking here is you are much more gay for telling someone not to wear a color matching helmet than you would be for doing so. ...Giving out fashion advice has always been very gay...........
+1

Oh yeah...where is my red wine shoei? Which goes with my '04 Cerulean silver nicely BTW :)

I dunno about the match...But if I buy a new Multitec it's most likely going to be bright yellow.

-bvw.
I got the Axis Yellow, it looks lovely with the Black cherry, it "really ties the room together."'

AND, there are a few threads about the multitec, the consensus is if you wear an XL win an X-11, or R-1000 you only need a L in the multitec. This doesnt seem to be the case for me, so now the wife have a new yellow Large, and my new yellow XL is on the way...

You cant have too many helmets... right?