Short inseam concerns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the pictures, it looks like it should clear my MC guards just fine...but I would definitely measure and mock up before I order

I would think with all this worrying over short inseams...the first worry would be all the chicks you DON'T get.
Well, I never had that problem, and I have the only woman I want... but girls have told me they don't care about height if you're nice and good in the sack. You can be "daddy long legs" but if your an a**ho*e, .... well, you know the rest

Last edited by a moderator:
This won't help any of the "inseam challenged" reach the ground at a stop, but it might make you smile (file it under Schadenfreude):

I arrived at work one morning (yeah, at about 0430) and parked the Hondapotamus on the side stand. Opened the right saddlebag and pulled out the bike cover.

Since I prefer to cover the bike when it is on the center stand, I placed the cover on the seat, left the right saddlebag open (why???), and walked around to the left side to deploy the center stand.

It had rained during the night and the parking lot was wet. So were the soles of my boots. I put my foot on the center stand, tipped the Wingabago until both feet of the center stand were on the ground, and STOOD ON THE STAND...

And my boot slipped off the center stand. The Beast fell AWAY from me.

The Wing has great tip over protection.

Unless you leave the door on the saddlebag open.

Folks sometimes ask how I got the *vertical* scratches on the saddlebag door. I tell them that my parents were tall, but they were cousins.

It's not so great being over-tall when you're under-smart.

I would think with all this worrying over short inseams...the first worry would be all the chicks you DON'T get.
Darnit ! I thought that chicks dig Harleys.

All the time it was my short inseam !

Who knew ?

tonguesmiley.gif

I never was any good at getting the chicks. I got one now but I have no idea how I did it. I do know it's more about confidence than height though. One of the guys I was in the Marines with was about 5'2" and had the confidence of an NBA player. We'd see him walk right up to girls and start hitting on them and next thing we knew one is heading off to lunch with him and he's got phone numbers.

Anybody cut their center stand, or remove it ? (after lowering)
Following the installation of Soupy's links I bought an extra center stand on eBay with the intention of modifying it using instructions from this forum, which is detailed in a pdf hosted by Fred W . Here's the link:

https://home.comcast.net/~fredwills/Files/Bike_Lowering_Stage_III_-_side_&_center_stands.pdf

For further background, here's the link to the post:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/143774-has-anyone-lowered-their-fjr/page-2?hl=+shorten%20+center%20+stand

I have not yet done this. For now I'm just rolling the rear tire up into a 1x6 and then deploying the stock center stand.

Yup. Nikki has been able to do the hardest bits - backing out, rolling into the slick-ass garage. Spooks me every time. I've got the same inseam more or less and just one-foot it. But I started riding on a ZG1000 Concours, so I got used to top heavy tall things that fall down a lot. Then I tossed the ST1100 over for a few years. They fall down. You pick them up. And ride more.

We did order a Soupy's Lowering link for it, just haven't gotten it installed......yet.

That will make things a bit easier as far as foot traction (and rolling to a stop), but it's still the same bike.

You are 5'9"....you can do it!

An alternative to Corbin might be a Sargent. I've had two of their seats and find them better made and more comfortable. Nice thing about them though is they make a molded plastic base that mimics the stock base so their seats come in two pieces just like original and, if you prefer I believe you can order just the front (riders) section. Might be able to cut that down more than a Corbin.

I just wanted to add a bit of an issue I already have with Corbin, and I don't even have the saddle! I will reserve full judgment until I get it, but here is the deal: I ordered my seat back in early December, and spoke with Jared, who AT THE TIME seemed very nice. Well, on 12/18, I checked on the status and simply asked that my request for the maximum lowering and nose job were communicated to the folks doing the work, to make sure it was not overlooked. I thought I was very nice about it, and simply wanted to make sure we were clear on what was being done. I never received a response, so today I sent another email, and this was the response:

"Hello,

The gentleman who does these modifications has been doing this for 20 years I am sure that he has to the fullest the understanding, but since you sent the message again I will re forward over the e-mail to him again. Hope you have a good New year."

Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I didn't like the tone of his response, almost like I was bothering him. Well, he didn't seem bothered when he was charging my credit card!

I should have checked here about Corbin before placing this order....I hope I don't regret it

No, I don't think you're being sensitive at all....they sound like douche bags.

Very cocky and conceited, and refuse to listen or treat anyone else with any respect.

Thanks for the heads up...we won't be going there.

N

Eh - that's Corbin. :) I will buy their off the rack stuff; love the look on the CBR250R. But for the FJR we're looking at Rick Mayer, Day-Long or Baldwin saddles for a custom cut seat. But that's long long way in the future.

Just shot an email to Traxxion Dynamics about getting a custom suspension setup with lowering built in; haven't heard back from them yet, but that would kill 2 birds with one stone!

I think what bothered me the most is that he made reference about me sending the email again...but never makes reference to the fact he couldn't give the courtesy to respond to my FIRST email!