Shoulda laid 'er down..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if those leather pants have a "reservoir". He's gonna need it after that! He even looked back to see if he left a trail!

No big deal, I did that once, well part of it..........................................the first part.

How does he get it to go into reverse like that until he gets it right? :dntknw: I'm gonna install an 'undo' button on my bike.

FJJ'sR

Nice cleanup of the oil dry by the track crew :glare: NOT!

He was fine until he hit that lost the front, then the rear. Lucky he didn't regain traction in the violent way (highside)

Great piece of riding :clapping:

Nice cleanup of the oil dry by the track crew :glare: NOT!
He was fine until he hit that lost the front, then the rear. Lucky he didn't regain traction in the violent way (highside)

Great piece of riding :clapping:
Seemed to me he was hanging off of the bike to favor a lowside, like if the tires had bit hard and started to filp over the high side, his right leg would have not had enough traction on the highside of the bike to take him with it, and they would have gone seperate ways. I think you can see his right foot going higher and higher on the bike as he compresses and puts all of his weight on the lower end of the bike. So, the excellence of this riders wasn't just that he saved it, it is that he also set up to minimize damage if he wasn't so lucky.

It also seems a great example of Ken Cole's advice about trusting your tires, but then again what other choice did he have, after all 'the racetrack is no place for a pedestrian'*.

* modified phrase from a Harlan Ellison story, that I read 30 years ago and still love.