Sidecase Compatibility Throughout Gen's 1-4?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paratrooper1

Reaction score
I’m looking for a set of sidecases for a 2005 FJR, preferably silver. I’m wondering if all FJR sidecases are identical and are exchangeable throughout Gen’s 1-4.

Yes, they are for form factor....not color.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Any model year sidecase will fit my 2005? I'm specifically referring to the two mounting slots in the photo I'm attaching. The older model sidecases are discontinued. I appreciate your advice.

James

Attachments

• 2005 fjr.JPG
    2005 fjr.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
If you're shopping around there's also the option of Yamaha's City bags as offered on the FJ-09. Pretty sure they're interchangeable with the FJR.

040715middle1.jpg

I got a set of saddle bags for sale. I have had time to make an official post about it. They are from my 06, silver. Let me know if you are interested in them.

Interesting, my 2004 is Cerulean Silver but my 2005 is Galaxy Blue. Either way I have a set of saddlebags available for each in the factory colors. PM me if you are interested and want more details. Thanks.

I’m looking to buy a replacement top case for my 2005 (Galaxy Blue), but color match isn’t essential. Any case that’ll work with the standard FJR mounting base is fine.