Sidecase Yamaha Logo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider57

Reaction score
I know I've come across this subject in the past but I can't seem to find the thread so here's my question. For those of you that have lost the Yamaha Logo from your side cases, what type of glue/epoxy did you use to glue the new ones on and keep them there? Both of mine are missing and my wonderful wife had 2 of them under the tree. Roughly $13 each isn't expensive but still I'd just as soon keep them there forever. Thanks in advance for your responses.

I know I've come across this subject in the past but I can't seem to find the thread so here's my question. For those of you that have lost the Yamaha Logo from your side cases, what type of glue/epoxy did you use to glue the new ones on and keep them there? Both of mine are missing and my wonderful wife had 2 of them under the tree. Roughly $13 each isn't expensive but still I'd just as soon keep them there forever. Thanks in advance for your responses.
I thought they were self-adhesive, protected by a backing film.

The later ones have studs passing through holes in the lid.

I used E6000 Automotive & Industrial Adhesive. Supposed to be permanent and waterproof. So far so good.
I believe some have also used Super Glue with good success.

3M Body Trim Tape will solve your problem. Place the emblem on laid out piece of tape before you remove the backing, and trim to fit. Peel and stick, get it right the first time, no backsies! ( my 2016 emblems are studless)
-Steve

I thought they were self-adhesive, protected by a backing film.

The later ones have studs passing through holes in the lid.

They are, but so were the ones that fell off :)

On my2013, the entire badge, including the chrome part, had screws. But the black part with "YAMAHA" on it was just stuck on until it fell off. I used 3M™ Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive, and it's holding so far.

I used E6000 Automotive & Industrial Adhesive. Supposed to be permanent and waterproof. So far so good.
I believe some have also used Super Glue with good success.
I'm thinking I'll go this route since I can just run to my local Wally World and pick some up. How long ago did you do yours?

My replacement emblem has been in the top drawer of the tool box for close to three years now. It's been off so long it sorta feels like part of the bike's identity now. Maybe I'll glue the case to it sometime this year.

Pulled mine when repainting one of the cases and used RTV silicone adhesive... 5 yrs ago?? Also added carbon fiber wrap to black areas which looks mo better.

My replacement emblem has been in the top drawer of the tool box for close to three years now. It's been off so long it sorta feels like part of the bike's identity now. Maybe I'll glue the case to it sometime this year.
Same here. Mine are still in the drawer waiting to be installed.
LOL

I'm thinking I'll go this route since I can just run to my local Wally World and pick some up. How long ago did you do yours?
On my 2013 it was just done last Fall (2021). But I think I used the same thing on my 2009 several years ago on both the side bag and the top box. All still good.

Interesting. I have a missing side case ‘logo’ but my dealer advised I’d have to buy the entire ‘bezel’ at ~$100 and that’s not gonna happen. Any chance you (or another) might be able to share the part number for only the logo portion?!

Interesting. I have a missing side case ‘logo’ but my dealer advised I’d have to buy the entire ‘bezel’ at ~$100 and that’s not gonna happen. Any chance you (or another) might be able to share the part number for only the logo portion?!
What year?

The logo is on the parts fiche at any of the on-line vendors. #4 in this fiche for my 2011. I think the logo's may differ from year-to-year...?
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2011/fjr1300a-fjr13aas/saddlebags

My wife bought the parts for me so I don't know what specifically she ordered. You are correct that starting in 2013 the parts list shows you have to buy the entire piece but I believe the part that RossKean attached is correct because what my wife bought me was just the Yamaha logo and it fit perfectly on my 2014. It is a peel and stick logo but I wouldn't trust it, that's why we're having to replace them, right? Like others suggested I used E6000. It's messy to work with but I think the logo's will now be there for the long haul.

The logo is on the parts fiche at any of the on-line vendors. #4 in this fiche for my 2011. I think the logo's may differ from year-to-year...
The part number from that link is 5JW-W9345-00-00. Decoding it, the "5JW" prefix indicates it was first designed for the Gen 1 FJR. "W9345" indicates the type of part, the "00-00" tells us there have been no revisions and no variations (eg: colour).

That part is used up to 2012. Looks like the one-piece emblem/protector started in 2013.