Sigma BC1606L Wire length

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valetz

Reaction score
So...

If you have a Sigma 1606L mounted, I have questions

1) How long was the Sensor wire

2) If it was only 3 ft like the one I just bought,

Did you..

A. Splice in a chunk to lengthen the wire?

B. Mount the sensor to the front forks instead?

thx,

-bvw.

I spliced in additional wire and ran on my rear wheel. Kind of scary at first thought, but once I made that cut, soldered in some fine wire, and secured the splices from the element--everything worked fine.

Once could go to the front wheel, but I found it easier to go to the back than worry about extra dangly bits in the front fork area.

Hey Brian,

Just splice in some wire to get the length you need. If you zip tie it to the forks/brake line/etc... you should have no issues with clearance on the front wheel.

Using "rare earth" magnets from Radio Shack in a rotor mounting bolt head, I've had great luck with mine.

I just upgraded to the B906, too cheap for the backlit version like you got. Put the BC 1200 on the KLR, same base etc...

If you don't have it installed yet, PM me and I'll hook you up with the dope install.

Shane

If you don't have it installed yet, PM me and I'll hook you up with the dope install.
Shane
Thanks, I just mainly wanted to make sure that they didn't make a long wire version before I went & snipped this one.

I made a new braket today to postion sensor a little closer to the magnets, but now after I finished I think I may have an intermittent short in the sensor, (didn't work, nudged wire then it did work...) I'll have to see how it holds up.

-bvw.

So... If you have a Sigma 1606L mounted, I have questions

1) How long was the Sensor wire

2) If it was only 3 ft like the one I just bought,

Did you..

A. Splice in a chunk to lengthen the wire?

B. Mount the sensor to the front forks instead?

thx,

-bvw.
Or you could get the back wheel sensor, it has a longer wire. :)

valatz and stryg8r,

Does this mean I have to clean the house for a stay by you two????

I ask because it could take the next two months to get it clean.......

Dana

Does this mean I have to clean the house for a stay by you two???I ask because it could take the next two months to get it clean.......
Oh wait, did you say something... I was a little distracted...

Yeah, put me down, but I think the guy w/ the fancy fuel cell is doing the 36 hr event,

So...

He'll be on his way to somewhere cool like Bear Tooth pass while we're sleeping...

-bvw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunatic has us leaving at 8:00 Saturday night and riding until 8:00 Monday morning. The bastage! I think he's being mentored by Eddie.

I'll probably catch a few winks in Watertown in the afternoon. I may be looking for a place to crash after the rally.

You two are both welcome to stay at the house. I have a couch and an Airbed so you should be happy.

I am about an hour and a half from Watertown. I plan on getting a hotel the night before the rally. You are both welcome before or after the rally....

Dana