Single pin battery tender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDuane

Reaction score
My bike, a 2006, came with a single pin battery tender. The two pin tenders don't work. I have been unable to locate a single pin cable. Any suggestions? The battery is very weak now.

This confuses me, which isn't difficult. By "single-pin" do you mean coaxial? Many motorcycles have Gerbing coaxial connectors for heated gear and other accessories. It has a pin in the center connected to an inner wire and that pin is surrounded by a larger diameter, outer connector. I use one to run an air compressor. So, is there a pigtail with a coaxial connector coming from your battery into which you or someone used to plug a battery tender?

Last edited:
Does it look like this:

FJRConnectorEndOn.JPG
FJRConnectorSide.JPG

First suggestion...ride the damn thing so the battery stays charged! (j/k)

You can purchase a SAE pigtail from numerous sources. Let your fingers do the searching. I've got both a SAE pigtail for BT and air compressor and a coax connector for heated gear.

~G

First suggestion...ride the damn thing so the battery stays charged! (j/k)

You can purchase a SAE pigtail from numerous sources. Let your fingers do the searching. I've got both a SAE pigtail for BT and air compressor and a coax connector for heated gear.

~G
Thanks for the amzing insight.

You can always add the SAE connector to your battery so you can use the standard Battery Tender connector. The one with the rings that comes with a Battery Tender and already has an inline fuse is what I use. You can make up cables with SAE on one end and whatever you need on the other end. I made one with SAE on one end and a cigar lighter on the other that I use for an air pump and a car type adapter for USB.